Synchronising video and audio

Dougs Lad

Videopad6.29 on Windows 10 Home 10.0.17134
Hi Folks,
I'd be very grateful if some kind soul could help this Videopad novice with a couple of problems. The very first project I'm trying to make is a camcorder video of a Tai Chi course (with the instructor's consent).  He moves around the hall quite a lot and so rather than rely upon the probably variable sound I might get from the microphone of the tripod-mounted camcorder, I've given him a pocket voice recorder with a lapel microphone.  His audio instructions from that are then recorded simultaneously with the camcorder video and I've used my hands as a "clapper board" at the start for later synchronisation.
I've done a couple of short bursts of sound and vision as a trial and I dropped the resulting video clip onto its track with no problem.  The camcorder microphone audio (which cannot be switched off at its source) also appeared on the audio track - I unlinked that and deleted it.  I then dropped the audio file taken from the pocket voice recorder onto the audio track without any bother.  Now comes my first problem - I need to achieve synchronisation of the video and audio tracks and I can't seem to find a facility in Videopad to adjust the timing of the audio on its track in relation to that of the video track.  If I could do that, I hit the second problem because I imagine that the two tracks need to be locked together during subsequent editing work and the help instructions seem to suggest that the video and audio tracks can only be linked together if they had originally been linked.
Sorry about the length of this query but since I'm not at all sure of what I'm doing, I thought it best to give as much detail as I could. Regards, Dougs Lad

I need to achieve synchronisation of the video and audio tracks and I can't seem to find a facility in Videopad to adjust the timing of the audio on its track in relation to that of the video track.

Simply drag the video or audio track, whichever is leading, to the right .  After initial sync is achieved it may drift off as the project progresses because record sources were not "locked" - so adjustments may have to be made periodically.  Sometimes, a minor speed change helps.

I imagine that the two tracks need to be locked together during subsequent editing work.

Locking the audio track may suffice.  Then video track work won't affect it.

Or select both video and audio by clicking on a timeline clip, then pressing <crtl-A>.  Right-click and GROUP SELECTED CLIPS.  That done, dragging video will drag audio as well.