Caching

Dicko

Hi

VP 6.30

The Clip Preview window should show a green bar beneath row of thumbnail  images containing the time markings and the Red and Blue IN/OUT square bracket markers. The preview image is obtained by either clicking a clip in the clip bin or a clip on the timeline.

The Sequence Preview window does NOT show this green bar.

As clips are loaded to and processed on the timeline a thinner green progress bar appears above the timeline thumbnails.

Nat

I've just had a look at version 6.3 when i point the cursor under the sequence pane this message says.

To speed things up, we are caching your video. Watch the preview after the prrogress bar is finished

Its where the time numbers are.

It never works on my pc. The clips do but not the main sequence. This could be why i'm getting jerky videos.

Hi

VP 6.30 with a old-slow Vista PC

With a long NEW project just placed on the timeline  for the first time I sometimes get that message as the cache is filling. It's normal if you try to start anything before VP has sorted the clips out and placed copies etc into the cache file. In general wait for the  thin green bar over the timeline to finish.

Playing the timeline before this is completed will cause playback stoppages. The clips however will generally play OK as they have already been processed by the time their thumbnails appear in the clip bin.Assembling the timeline usually takes longer depending how many clips are added..singly or all together.

Even when you think the files are sorted and the green bar is complete there are occasions when the sound files are still processing. :rolleyes:In this event if you try anything VP shows a message letting you know this. In general you just have to wait.

In connection with the thin green progress bar. Sometimes (here at least) this stops, usually at a clip join but I have  no idea why. If I see this I click the clip that is waiting  or move the cursor line and this seems to give VP a nudge and the progress bar then carries on.

Check your cache file is not full by clearing out unused old files.

What format of clip;  resolution and size are you loading?

Nat

Can't up load images (Ironic for video forum) else i'd show a screen shot.

See "Tips for getting help..." near the top of this forum for instructions on how to post a link to an image.

How much free space is available on the C:\ disk?  And the specs of your PC??