High CPU Usage/Temps in VideoPad

7pt

Hi, I'm new to this forum so I have no idea if this is in the right section. I recently downloaded the free NC version of VideoPad on two computers, my school laptop and my PC. I've noticed that minor events in the software (e.g. clicking on the timeline, playing video, etc) make the CPU usage on both computers go up to 100%. In the case of the laptop, the processor's temperatures even go well over 90C (max 97C), while my PC maxes out at 64C. Is there anything I can do to prevent this? Here are the specs of both devices:

Laptop

CPU: Intel Core i7-8550U

GPU: Integrated Intel HD 620 Mobile

Storage + Free space: SanDisk X400 m.2 256GB, around 125GB free

PC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 at stock speeds

GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1070 overclocked to 2062 MHz (Core) / 4054 MHz (Memory)

Storage + Free space: Samsung 970 EVO 256GB + Seagate Barracuda 1TB, around 580GB free on the latter where the videos are saved

Other things

The videos total just under 90 seconds and are in 3840x2160, 60 fps, 60Mbps. However, this happens regardless of what files are loaded.

Answers on previous threads with this issue did not fix the problem for me.

By way of comparison...

On a PC here, the CPU averages 25%, with rare peaks to 100% while playing back a lengthy HD project that contains transitions and effects.

Threw several effects and transitions onto a short mixed HD and non-HD video.  CPU  never exceeded 10%.

This is an older 2600K processor, 8G RAM, NVidia 650 video - less capable than your own.  Videopad 6.30.

Fan is not ramping up during playback, though it does on export.