editing frame by frame

Pat88

Is there any way to get one display image per frame?  At 30fps there would be one frame per 33 ms on the timeline but zooming out it jumps from one display image (simulated frame) every 20 seconds to one every 40 or 80. If I haven't zoomed in enough it sometimes splits to the left of the current image displayed, sometimes to the right.

And when I go to a place on the Timeline, split left and right to isolate a clip, select that clip, then click Clip Preview, it's now (wasn't previously) each time going to the start of the whole video in the image display; although the time in the clip preview seems correct an effect added seems to go to another clip.

Edited by Pat88

HI

With a clip (30 fps) on the timeline the I> button under the sequence preview display will step along the sequence one frame at a time (.033 secs) whatever the zoom level.  When you say "display image" are you referring to the thumbnails displayed on the timeline? Zoomed to maximum you can only move the cursor .001 seconds which shows no change in the preview as it remains on the same frame. From a practical point of view you can precisely split a sequence using the Next Frame button. The first frame of the right hand section is the frame displayed when the split is made.

If you have isolated a section of a clip by making two splits and selected the central isolated portion , the thumbnail line under the Clip Preview window shows the section isolated highlighted with the remainder dark. It shows the state of the complete clip. The cursor however returns to the start of the clip (not the start of the whole video) and the window logically displays the start frame of the clip. If you want the last split point frame then switch to Sequence Preview as the timeline cursor remains at this position.

Nat

• 1 year later...