Flipped Horizontally video does not save

IslandWoman

Hi

VP 6.29 

Effect works OK on the exported project (mp4)  if a clip, already on the timeline is right clicked in the clip bin and Flip/Horizontal is selected from the menu.

The procedure also exports OK if the clip is not on the timeline and is simply right clicked from the clip bin.

".....or did you add the 'Flip' effect?"

Note: The Flip effect  is not available from the Effects menu as the VIDEOPAD Flipeffect  SVar control in the register is toggled to off by default (which may be an oversight?). However this was the case anyway for the test above which worked OK.

Nat

6 hours ago, Nationalsolo said:

Hi

VP 6.29 

Effect works OK on the exported project (mp4)  if a clip, already on the timeline is right clicked in the clip bin and Flip/Horizontal is selected from the menu.

The procedure also exports OK if the clip is not on the timeline and is simply right clicked from the clip bin.

".....or did you add the 'Flip' effect?"

Note: The Flip effect  is not available from the Effects menu as the VIDEOPAD Flipeffect  SVar control in the register is toggled to off by default (which may be an oversight?). However this was the case anyway for the test above which worked OK.

Nat

Thank you for your input. It did not work for me.

Hi

My test worked with a low res export of an mpeg2 clip.

I have repeated this with a hi res mpeg4 clip using export settings same as the original clip.

• Clip dropped into the clip bin
  • Clip dragged to timeline
  • Clip in bin right clicked and Flip/Horizontal selected. Timeline, Preview image and clip thumbnail in the bin all flipped.
  • Exported as a 1920 X 1080  Mpeg4  video file with auto matched content with frame rate Variable Smart 45 fps (Why?  original was 29 fps??)

THIS EXPORTED FILE DID NOT FLIP  confirming that this  appears to be a bug. The sound was also very broken up.

Another odd thing was the export took just a couple of seconds for a 12.3 megabyte clip????

Exporting this same mpeg4 as a LOW RES  320 x 240 30fps mpeg4 clip  took  14 secs to export and it flipped correctly but very broken up sound.

Exporting this same mpeg4 as a 1280 x 720  30fps mpeg4 clip  took  longer  to export and it flipped correctly but very broken up sound.

Exporting this same mpeg4 as a 1920 x 1080  30fps mpeg4 clip  took 2 seconds(!) to export and DID NOT FLIP  and had very broken up sound.

N.B.  Exporting this same mpeg4 as a 1920 x 1080  30fps avi clip  took much longer to export and it flipped correctly with perfect sound.

The bug seems to be related to the export format and resolution

I am sure NCH will comment on this.

@Island Woman.....I would export your project as an .avi until this is sorted out.

Nat

4 hours ago, Nationalsolo said:

Hi

My test worked with a low res export of an mpeg2 clip.

I have repeated this with a hi res mpeg4 clip using export settings same as the original clip.

• Clip dropped into the clip bin
  • Clip dragged to timeline
  • Clip in bin right clicked and Flip/Horizontal selected. Timeline, Preview image and clip thumbnail in the bin all flipped.
  • Exported as a 1920 X 1080  Mpeg4  video file with auto matched content with frame rate Variable Smart 45 fps (Why?  original was 29 fps??)

THIS EXPORTED FILE DID NOT FLIP  confirming that this  appears to be a bug. The sound was also very broken up.

Another odd thing was the export took just a couple of seconds for a 12.3 megabyte clip????

Exporting this same mpeg4 as a LOW RES  320 x 240 30fps mpeg4 clip  took  14 secs to export and it flipped correctly but very broken up sound.

Exporting this same mpeg4 as a 1280 x 720  30fps mpeg4 clip  took  longer  to export and it flipped correctly but very broken up sound.

Exporting this same mpeg4 as a 1920 x 1080  30fps mpeg4 clip  took 2 seconds(!) to export and DID NOT FLIP  and had very broken up sound.

N.B.  Exporting this same mpeg4 as a 1920 x 1080  30fps avi clip  took much longer to export and it flipped correctly with perfect sound.

The bug seems to be related to the export format and resolution

I am sure NCH will comment on this.

@Island Woman.....I would export your project as an .avi until this is sorted out.

Nat

As I cannot use a video with .avi extension on my website, I ran a couple of more test.

My original clip is .mp4 - 1280x720 - 30fps - no sound

I was able to save with the same setting provided I turned off Lossless Export.

Actually provide you turn off Lossless Export it exported in any settings.

Success!

Thank you all for your input.