Wave Pad doesn't recognize recording input

Range

I have connected my iPhone to my Windows 10 PC via pin plugs in order to record a voice mail from a deceased friend. When I try to record this vm with WavePad, it doesn't detect any input. I have tested my microphone input & set all the Wave Pad & Windows settings to correspond with the proper microphone input....to no avail. When I press Record, I get the message: "The recording has failed to start", even tho I can hear the input over my PC's speakers. Please advise on how to troubleshoot this issue

Edited by Range
Updated troubleshooting efforts

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/12/2018 at 11:45 PM, Range said:

I have connected my iPhone to my Windows 10 PC via pin plugs in order to record a voice mail from a deceased friend. When I try to record this vm with WavePad, it doesn't detect any input.

Perhaps your PC does not have a line in .

One method that perhaps could work is to send the sound filel via email to your PC. However if the sound file is large (has a great data volume) it is more practical is to put the sound file to your Dropbox. If you don't have a Drobox you could install the free version of Dropbox in your mobile. Using your Dropbox user name and passworf you then could install a local version of your Dropbox on your PC. Then, after a while, you can open in the PC the local Dropbox and activate the sound file in WavePad. When writing all this I assumed that your Iphone stores sound in a format tht WavePad can read.  (I am using an Android phone so I don't know much about IPhone)

• 1 month later...
Problem resolved, It was W/10 Privacy issue. In W/10 privacy settings, Apps were denied access to the microphone after the update. I reset to allow apps access to microphone and WavePad now recognizes that a mic. is present. Interesting side note is that WavePad does not show as an app, but setting for Apps still has to be set on.  Other programs using Line Input also works fine now.

• 5 months later...

Thanks as I was having same problem. However, I checked and my privacy settings to allow App access to microphone, yet Wavepad is still giving me this error when trying to reocord. I just recorded a few months ago, so not sure what Windows 10 has done. I can't even load files with Wavepad; it says it doesn't have access.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have something similar to this

I have Win 10 as well (this was working fine until Win 10 updated)

My speakers are connected, I can hear the music being played, but Wave pad asks me to connect my spears, they are connected, I can hear them

So what else do I do ?

The recording has failed, please check my sound devices

Im trying to record my grand daughters first words, I don't want to lose this