Transition audio distortion v6.24

mike208

I have several clips on a sequence. With no transitions the video and audio flow perfectly. When I add cross fade, there is a big audio distortion during the fade. I can't figure out how to cross fade without introducing unwanted audio distortion. Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas how to solve it? 

Thanks,

Mike208

Let's see what you have - and indicate where you intend the crossfades, and their duration..

Here's how...

1.  Save your project.  Then, with it on the timeline, click the FILE menu. SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS to any convenient folder.

2.  Open the folder that contains the saved files and ZIP them all.

3.  Upload the zip file to DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like.  It's free.

4.  Make the uploaded file public (share it) and copy the shared link.

5.  Paste the link into this forum.

Hi

By distortion I presume you mean a mixture of sounds. When you use crossfade to transition between clips on the same track and you choose the option to move the clips, you are in effect overlapping them by half of the crossfade duration that is set. This also overlaps the sound track which is associated with the clips so the sound transition also dissolves. Crossfade implies that the end of clip one will play over the start of clip 2. This will result in a break in the sound although the clips will remain in synchronization before and after the transition.

If both clips for example are of the same event filmed from different positions then you could use a single soundtrack of the whole event associated for clip1 and then place clip 2 on the overlay track and adjusting its position so both tracks play in synch. Now you can mute clip 2 and without moving it split and remove sections not required. (i.e create cut-aways) these clip pieces will play over clip 1 being overlays and will be in synch with the main clip and its sound track. All that is required now is use the fade-in and fade out options  (using the f tab or transparency effect) on the start and end each of the overlay clips to achieve a dissolve between tracks.The sound will be in synch ( or should be) from the start of the project for both video tracks.

Nat