Hello.

I have been using VideoPad for quite some time now. The free version. I'm making YouTube videos with it (non-monetized. I'm way too small) and it's served me very well. I've been considering to buy it recently as well.

But last weekend I ran into a sudden unexpected problem; every video clip I upload on VideoPad has its audio track slightly altered. It's as if the software had cut the last one second of the audio, but the video itself is fine. And since my videos usually consist of multiple clips the video and audio syncing gets screwed over. I think it's better I just show it to you so here's a short unedited video demonstrating the issue. Pay attention and listen to the last seconds of the clips shown: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4D6M_z811E&feature=youtu.be

So, the original recorded video clips are fine. Their audio tracks are altered once they've been uploaded on VideoPad. I have tried everything from reinstalling the software many times and even downloaded the newest version from NCH's website. I have no idea what's causing this and this is the first time this has happened, or at least first time I have noticed. Any ideas what's going on and how to fix this?

Thank you in advance.

9 minutes ago, borate said:

Under the OPTIONS|EXPORT tab, uncheck "fade audio...."

Does the same issue surface if, instead of a direct YouTube upload, a video file is exported and then that file is uploaded to YT per their specs?

The link included in your post is dead.

Tried it. Didn't work.

I don't directly upload my videos from VideoPad to YouTube but to my desktop and from there I upload them to YouTube.

Also, does the link work now? It works fine to me.

Link is good now, and the problem is evident.

Please share the project, so someone can troubleshoot the issue.  Here's how...

1.  Save your project.  Then, with it on the timeline, click the FILE menu. SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS to any convenient folder.

2.  Open the folder that contains the saved files and ZIP them all.

3.  Upload the zip file to DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like.  It's free.

4.  Make the uploaded file public (share it) and copy the shared link.

5.  Paste the link into this forum.

1 minute ago, borate said:

Prior to a fix, you could test creating videos at 30fps or less.  That may avoid the truncation.

The converted, linked file - for downloading - will be removed shortly.  Perhaps will be of help for this project.

Hmm that sucks. I used to be able to make videos running at 60 fps just fine until now. Really don't want to sacrifice the quality just to fix this issue. But I try it just to see if that helps.

Downloading the file now. Apparently it will take a few hours at least.

What VP version were you using when this succeeded - at 60fps?  Tested several 6.x installs here, with your original file, but none loaded the missing snippet.

Older versions can be reinstalled.  The installer may have been stored in this path on the PC.   "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\VideoPad"

7 hours ago, borate said:

What VP version were you using when this succeeded - at 60fps?  Tested several 6.x installs here, with your original file, but none loaded the missing snippet.

Older versions can be reinstalled.  The installer may have been stored in this path on the PC.   "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\VideoPad"

Where can you check the version of the VideoPad software?

On 11/1/2018 at 4:16 PM, JimmyRustle said:

Replicated by us. One of our developers is looking into it.

Any luck so far? Is there any specific older version of the editor that uploads the clip in its entirety without issues? If so, would it be possible to get a download link for that?

Also, I just noticed that the new video clips that I recorded just recently seemed to be uploaded to VideoPad just fine in their entirety. At least I didn't notice any audio and video desyncing or anything else weird.

Hi Simo-Pekka,

Have you updated your graphics card driver (or GeForce Experience) recently?

If yes, I think there might be a bug in NVIDIA's recording tool that was fixed by the new update. We've analyst the file you've provided, the time stamp from the audio stream doesn't match the number of sound samples - which is very unusual.

Please let me know if you encountered this issue again for new recordings. We are still investigating this issue.

16 minutes ago, c_major said:

In that case, I don't think there is a bug in VideoPad.

Let's keep an eye on this issue. If you see the problem again please report to us right away.

Thanks.

Well, the problem with these specific video clips from soon two weeks ago still hasn't gone anywhere on my end. Did you have any other versions of the video editor that uploaded the videos just fine in their entirety? If so, can I have a download link for that?

Or what would you suggest I do to fix this for now?