Export (size) bug / beta 6.27

Dangerfreak

I just tested beta version 6.27 and exported a video. It all worked well, but the file size of the video was way too big. First I thought I made a mistake in the export settings, but a second test showed the same result. It seemed, videopad ignored the given video bitrate.

My export settings:

- Preset:Custom
- File Format: MP4
- MP4 Encoding settings: Compressor H264, Video Quality/Bitrate 6000 kbps, Lossless Export Off (Re-encode Video), Audio Compressor AAC, Preferred Channel Numbers Same as input, Audio Quality/Bitrate 160 kbps
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080 - 1080p HD
- Frame rate: Constant 60 fps

The result: I checked the details of the file properties (windows explorer) and it showed a data rate of more than 50000 kBit/s! So Videopad really ignored my settings.

Thanks for trying out the beta version and reporting the issue!

[Update]:

We investigated in this problem and found is actually not really a bug. Because Windows is displaying Maximum bit rate.

The bit rate we gave to the codec is Preferred bit rate. However in some situation, depends on the video content, the codec have to maintain the output quality by increasing the bit rate. This happen when the video frame has a lot of detail, e.g. sharp lines or dots.