Text effects

mosslack

Good afternoon everyone. I was working on an outro for my YouTube videos and wanted to copy an effect I saw on one example which was text going away from the viewer perspective. This got me to wondering if it was possible in VideoPad. I've seen and used the Space effect, but that starts at the bottom and goes up getting smaller each step of the way. A good effect, but the one I want starts in the middle of screen and gets smaller each step until it's at the size you want, giving the illusion the text is going away from you. 

I realize this could be accomplished by doing just that, starting with the text as wide as the screen and reducing the size using another text box, one after another, but this would require a lot of work to get that effect. Does anyone know of an easier way?

On the text clip, click the FX icon. Then click the large green + at the top-left of the window and choose the SCALE effect.

With the red-line cursor at the head of the clip, create a keyframe by clicking the smaller green + sign.

Move the line to the place where you want the movement to end.  Drag the right-bottom handle in the preview window, or use the sliders, to make the text as small as you like - or vanish.

Create another keyframe, if necessary.   Keyframes are signified by tiny squares.  Preview the result and make adjustments as needed.

For more info, click the ? at the top-right of VP's window.  In the Effects and Transitions section you will see "Animating Video Effects."

Okay, it took me a bit to get this to work, mainly because the effect animation editor is hidden by default. Once I opened that and saw the actual keyframe adder it was easy. :)

This is the line I missed:

• Click the show_keyframe_button.png button in the toolbar to show the animation keyframe editor.