Crossfade video transition throws audio out of sync

TomC

Love the crossfade video transition but it throws my audio out of sync.  Audio is perfectly synced without the video crossfades between sections.  When I put in video crossfades between segments my audio is out of sync after exporting.  Doesn't seem to happen on every crossfade,  but after a few the audio is out of sync with the video from then on.  I've tested it and pinned the problem down to the video crossfade to make sure that is what is causing the problem.  I hope you guys fix this because I love the crossfade but now I can't use it because it screws up the audio sync. 

Under OPTIONS|EDITING tab, specify FREEZE as the clip transitioning default ... or ASK, and when asked choose freeze.

The OVERLAP default may cause audio to go out of sync.   Iif there isn't sufficient video at the end of the FROM clip or start of the TO clip it shortens video to accommodate the transition.

The audio should always stay sync (even for Overlap)  if linked with the video.

On 10/6/2018 at 2:03 PM, borate said:

A brief test here hints that this should be fixed in the next release.

Could you please send me your test project?

• 6 months later...

Hello! - Borate or some other support.

I'm having the same problem here but worse. Whichever transition I apply - and whether or not I have the options set to "Generate freeze frames" or "Move clips to overlap" - it throws the audio and visual streams out of sync. I thought that maybe it would sort it out properly when exporting video, but no. I'm using version 7.05 and clips of 20-40 seconds if that helps!

Many thanks for any assistance - the software is perfect for me in every other respect.