JeanneFick

Why can't I load m4a files anymore?

Hello JeanFick, I have tested the program using a sample m4a file and have no issues opening it with Scribe. Is this issue you are reporting happening to all the m4a files you load or just with some. Are you getting all the m4a files from the same source? Have you tried using different m4a files from a different source?  Maybe the encoder used to create the files is not fully compatible with the program or the encoders you have installed on the computer.

Hi, Chris. I have been getting these M4a files from the same person for years. I've started using a new PC, hence the purchase.... again.  Every time I get a new PC (which I do almost yearly), I buy a new Express because I can't just keep using the one I already purchased, which is ridiculous!  Since this new version, I can't load m4a files. Please don't talk to me about encoders and all sorts of other crap.  Please just make it work.  The error says that the format is not supported by Express Scribe. I purchased this, and it's not cheap. I expect it to work!

I have used the free version for years now and had no problem using M4A files.  The last time I used it was mid November with no issues.  Today I am trying to upload a M4A files and I get a pop up window saying M4A file format - Pro Version Required and prompts me to purchase.  

I tried restarting the program several times and I still get the pop up saying Pro version required. 

I am hoping someone can reply to this

I'm trying to load an M4A file today and all I get is one second of it.  I don't know what to do because the person who sent it to me gets the full file of over an hour in her Express Scribe.  I've tried converting to mp3, reloading the m4a several times and still the 1 second.  It downloads fully in my audio player but that doesn't have a footpedal.  I'm at a loss.  Help!