benkyearn

Can I use free version to make YouTube videos?

Hello,

I have a small channel on Youtube that makes me earn very few dollars every month and I can't afford to buy the software (I might be able in the future idk).  I was looking for a free video editor to edit my videos before uploading them to youtube so I came across VideoPad. After downloading, I found out that it's Non-commercial home use only. Does that mean that I can't use the free version for youtube? If yes, can I contact anyone from your team to get a special permission or something like that?

Thank you,

1 hour ago, Miggy said:

I'm wondering how anyone would know that a particular video up on YouTube was put together using Videopad.

Hello Miggy,

For me, it doesn't matter whether people would know or not. I just don't want to "steal" the software. That's why I asked here.

benkyearn,

Yeah, I understand. This topic just made me wonder that, since I was formerly unaware of this YouTube rule.

My channel doesn't make any money whatsoever because I just started it for me and my friends, is there any reason why I wouldn't be able to save it with the free version? I'm not sure what the home version covers as far as saving things and I would like to have the ability to save my videos because I have a lot of fun making them. (every time I try and save it as a .mp4 file it won't let me and says I have to buy the professional version)

Some features, such as that mp4 export, are disabled in the free version after a trial period.  Other types, such as AVI and MPG (as I recall), should work.

However, there may be encoder options in the export window that are suitable.  Choose AVI, then clcik the VIDEO COMPRESSOR box and experiment.

If you need mp4, register (buy) the software.  Or test a file conversion utility.

I’ve tried saving it as every option, nothing works except the file exclusive to the video pad, is there any way you could make a small recording and post it or something? I’m not terrible with technology but it would probably help for me to see what I’m doing wrong. 

There's no VP exclusive file type.  Perhaps you are thinking of the VPJ file.  It tells Videopad what to do and is not playable.

Instead, EXPORT as VIDEO and there should be many choices - only a few of which will work when the free version trail period expires.  Click the chevron to the right of the mp4 listing and choose AVI instead, then open the Video Compressor drop-down box and give MPEG4 a try - or another choice that may suit your needs.  Better still, register. ^_^