How to change default export save folder? auto-save with no dir prompt?

pstein

Assume I want to export the current video.

A dialog pops up asking me where to save the video.

The current save folder is

C:\users\peter\Videos

How can I change this to a new DEFAULT directory to e.g. D:\videos\output\ for all future exports?

Or even better: To save it to the folder of the source but append a postfix "_videopadYYYYMMDD" to filename?

How can I tell VideoPad to automatically export it for future exports into 8new) default folder without any prompt?

Peter

Hi

"How can I change this to a new DEFAULT directory to e.g. D:\videos\output\ for all future exports? "

Go into Options /Disk and set the defaults shown to the folders of your choice for general save locations.  For Export, VP defaults to the last export folder used so once you have changed this by right clicking the current location written in blue to the right of the Save to Folder prompt (version 6.23 Beta) it remains in force until you export to a different folder. The name of the export is at your discretion and is entered in the export window top box. Initial default is Untitled. This does not default to the last named export as it would be too easily overwrite the previous export if inadvertantly missed.  If you enter the same name VP will warn you in red text.There isn't a automatic change of name for adding dates etc. You will just have to amend that yourself.

You could put in a suggestion that VP show  you the previous export name in a labelled box so you could if wished amend it (say, by adding the date ) and then have this transferred to the real export title box. A bit clumsy perhaps..... or simply allow the export with same name to go ahead but automatically adding an incremental number as Windows does with same name files. Currently VP will not allow an export if the name is the same unless you are happy about overwriting the old file.

Nat

Added info for version 6.23 ... the export folder will default to the VIDEOS folder each time VP is fired up, regardless of what folder path was last specified.

That setting holds only during the current project.  For some users, it might be helpful to be able to specify a default export folder - under OPTIONS|DISK.

Hi

Borate wrote.." Added info for version 6.23 ... the export folder will default to the VIDEOS folder each time VP is fired up, regardless of what folder path was last specified."

Hmmm,,,This does seem to be the case now in the last release of 6.23. Earlier versions saved into the previously used destination. pstein will have to keep changing the Videos destination to the required export file every time a save is made. :(  Perhaps a destination folder could be added to the Export page under Options.

BTW I have just downloaded what is meant to be the latest release of VP (6.23) but the top toolbar at the far right still says "Beta" and also has the green "File button" (Not the "Hamburger)???????

Nat