VideoPad not exporting images

ThatGuy

So, for some reason, I have only started noticing these things after the 6.0 update(s).

It's where if you put an image on your project, it won't export.- Say I  put the image at the 23rd second (out of a minute). - That part won't export. And it will stay like that, not changing one bit, even after hours, the loading screen will just stand it's place, at that one spot where the image ended. Normal videos export just about fine. - But if I even add ONE image into that project, it's not gonna work. - I use images to make videos, damnit, this is a big issue. I tried all that clear cache stuff, and resetting. - Full and free version, old and new, pictures with videos, and alone. - No difference whatsoever.

And what I think might work, is to get an older version. Problem with that, is the keys not working, and functions unavailable.

No error-code is showing, but when I remove the image, the video exports just fine.

Question is; How do I fix this?

If you'd like someone to take a look, please share the project. Here's how...

1.  Save your project.  Then, with it on the timeline, click the FILE menu. SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS to any convenient folder.

2.  Open the folder that contains the saved files and ZIP them all.

3.  Upload the zip file to DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like.  It's free.

4.  Make the uploaded file public (share it) and copy the shared link.

5.  Paste the link into this forum.

16 hours ago, borate said:

If you'd like someone to take a look, please share the project. Here's how...

1.  Save your project.  Then, with it on the timeline, click the FILE menu. SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS to any convenient folder.

2.  Open the folder that contains the saved files and ZIP them all.

3.  Upload the zip file to DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like.  It's free.

4.  Make the uploaded file public (share it) and copy the shared link.

5.  Paste the link into this forum.

Be my guest; Here it is, on Google Drive.

Thanks in advance.

Previewed and exported perfectly.   Mp4 1920 x 1080 at 29.97 max.    Version 6.23 beta.  What export settings did you use?

At 23 into the project, inserted an :03 still as an overlay (track 3).  Next, tried it as an insertion on track 2.  Both displayed the image and exported normally. 

Also tested a text file overlay.

The only oddity noted was the variation in frame rates on your mp4 files:  25, 29.97 and 30, which may require extra processing that taxes the PC??

Update the video driver.   Confirm there's adequate free space on the C:/ drive. 

That's really weird.. I used the "Auto-detected" settings.. Apparently they don't work, and I've tried every variation. - I tried to auto-detect, and I tried to get my own settings.. Apparently that doesn't work. I tried lossless, and disk files. Of course not working either. What could cause this otherwise? RAM? That's the only thing I can think of, because the memory on my system is slightly low, standing at 4 gb.

I know for a fact that my C drive has another 100 gb in store, so that's definitely not the issue.

And all of my drivers are up-to-date... You noticed the picture of the process, stopping at 99.7?%? That's where it always stops for some reason.

Edit: For all it says here, it's "custom" on Preset settings, Lossless export is off (By default), etc.

.... What's the big idea? What makes the difference between my computer, and yours? I use VideoPad version 6.2

Can't say what the problem is but this box has 8 gigs of RAM - a minimum advised for resource-intensive video editing - and an I7 2600K CPU on a 1.5Tb drive.

Ran another test, this time an overlaid jpg with fades at :23, using the AVI export choice, and export was fine.

Wait, 8 gigs minimum? That explains one thing or two, since I need another 4 gigs for that.

Isn't there any "low spec" version? And how come it work just fine before? This was never an issue, but has become one... Somehow..

Edit: ... So... turns out that a newer version exports these videos just fine, and apparently I don't need an upgrade, or downgrade. - Just an update to the program itself. - That being me going from 6.20, to 6.22. Argo, fixing my problem. Thanks for testing it out, lads.

Edited by ThatGuy
nvm, it works.