Clip Trimming error in VP 6.23 Beta?

Nationalsolo

Hi

VP6.23 Beta...3 points...

With several clips on the timeline. If one trims the start of the a clip using IN/OUT markers in the clip preview window, the clip correctly shortens but remaining clips on the timeline do not move along  to close the gap created. Trimming the  end of the clip behaves correctly; gap is closed as expected. Is this an oversight?

Deleting a segment of a clip with Split (cursor icon) creates a gap that is not automatically closed.

If you make a single split in the clip and drag the end of the split to the left to remove a section  it works OK but the gap created before the next clip is not closed as it should be

When you drag the split to the right to remove a section, the segment is removed OK  but  the  gap  created before the next clip is not closed.

Should the gap close whenever a section is removed?

Nat

Hi

Any  comments regarding the gap closing process. I know I am currently using 6.23 Beta but in the previous version I could add all my clips to the timeline in one go (they were chronological) add Xfade transition to all and then progress along the timeline editing each one in the clip preview pane using IN/OUT settings and removing transitions if required without the need to close any gaps each time and this was both rapid and easy. Can't do that with this Beta version. (Note that I was using a single track apart from overlaid text for titles...i.e. It wasn't a complex project.)

Nat

If you make a single split in the clip and drag the end of the split to the left to remove a section  it works OK but the gap created before the next clip is not closed as it should be

When you drag the split to the right to remove a section, the segment is removed OK  but  the  gap  created before the next clip is not closed. 

I can't replicate your results, Nat. Here's my observations:

1. I create a split where the timeline cursor is.

0NZhwY.png

2. I grab the end of the split and move it to left as described.

0NZnOZ.png

3. There seems to be no erroneous gap created. The following clip is appropriately shifted backwards.

0NZ8ZJ.png

If I drag to the right, shortening the second blue clip by changing its in point, there is a gap created. Maybe this behaviour can improved (I'd have to discuss it with other programmers), but I think this is how VideoPad has always worked.

Right now I fail to see what's changed in v6.23 Beta which makes it difficult for you to do your editing Nat. Maybe you could explain with step-by-step images?

Nat wrote:  With several clips on the timeline. If one trims the start of the a clip using IN/OUT markers in the clip preview window, the clip correctly shortens but remaining clips on the timeline do not move along  to close the gap created.  Deleting a segment of a clip with Split (cursor icon) creates a gap that is not automatically closed.

Both behaviors confirmed with 6.23 here, though earlier versions were never tested for this

Nat wrote:  If you make a single split in the clip and drag the end of the split to the left to remove a section  it works OK but the gap created before the next clip is not closed as it should be.

Tested by splitting three clips each once and dragging at the split points (end of the clips) to the left.  No gap here with that procedure.