Lossless export yields infinite file sizes

stebbinsd

It seems that, with every new version, you fix some problems but actively create even more!

I'm on version 6.22 right now. Sometimes, I prefer lossless export because it takes less time. However, with version 6.22, when I use lossless export, it will always export beyond 100% of the video's length.

Like with this export:

More_than_100_Export.png

This continues indefinitely, until my hard drive is completely filled up or until I cancel the export. And if I cancel the export, the video isn't watchable.

This happens every time I use lossless export, and it's infuriating!

It seems that, with every new version, you fix some problems but actively create even more!

No overruns with three lossless exports here - a :55 and 7:25 AVI and a :55 MOV independently - using beta version 6.23, which should be out shortly.  However, when those clips were combined and then lossless-exported to a video file, clip #3 was either blank, out of sync or lacked some audio when played, depending upon where play was begun.

NCH shares improvements regularly and that's to their credit in my book.  They are also more responsive to fixing problems than are some other companies.

E.g.:  even after extensive testing, Windows 8 broke MS's handy FAX utility.  It wasn't repaired until the release of W10.  In that major release, DUN was unusable.  The most recent version (not beta) of an emulator that has been successfully updated many times here locked up, and hosed the PC's file system.

Reworking of software and shorter testing times invites regressions/bugs.  Nature of the beast.?

Hi

How are you activating Lossless export??

In version 6.22 here , if I have loaded MPEG4 clips to the timeline and then click the Export Video button on the toolbar followed by Lossless Video from the choices, after a pause the option just goes to a window with three inactive choices ..Local computer;   Google Drive and   Dropbox. None of these options work.

If I select Export Lossless Video from the choices under the File menu (I dont see the "sandwhich" button here in THIS version of 6.22), it takes me to the same window with the three inactive choices. i.e. It's a dead end;  the prompts for which ought to be removed. (Unless your version they actually work.)

I know the Lossless Video option box is in the export video window under the blue Default quality link but that's not easily noted. Is that what you are using?

Nat

9 hours ago, Nationalsolo said:

Hi

How are you activating Lossless export??

In version 6.22 here , if I have loaded MPEG4 clips to the timeline and then click the Export Video button on the toolbar followed by Lossless Video from the choices, after a pause the option just goes to a window with three inactive choices ..Local computer;   Google Drive and   Dropbox. None of these options work.

If I select Export Lossless Video from the choices under the File menu (I dont see the "sandwhich" button here in THIS version of 6.22), it takes me to the same window with the three inactive choices. i.e. It's a dead end;  the prompts for which ought to be removed. (Unless your version they actually work.)

I know the Lossless Video option box is in the export video window under the blue Default quality link but that's not easily noted. Is that what you are using? 

Nat 

I usually prefer to export by entering Ctrl+B on my keyboard. However, I have tried exporting using every other method available to me, including going to File > Export.

Using 6.23 via any route except <ctrl-B> brings up the LOSSLESS EXPORT box with Local Computer as the top choice.  Clicking on it produces another page with all fields filled in - ready for export.

File types/encodings on the timeline were mixed but the file type for lossless defaults to an AVI wrapper.

After several export failures, as outlined above, subsequent passes played...

Looking more closely, though the export window appeared to complete normally the exported AVI file duration shown in the video player is about twice as long as the project, which seems to be what stebbinsd reports.

Hi

Does that mean that the "blind" export options in 6.22 (shown below) that come up if I select Lossless Video as per my earlier post will also now be functional in the next release or is this some anomaly in my installation? (VideoPad Professional v 6.22) ....

0mFJVq.jpg

I note that Borate using Beta 6.23 is able to progress to the export page from the above window.

Nat

Stebbinsd wrote:     I'm on version 6.22 right now. Sometimes, I prefer lossless export because it takes less time. However, with version 6.22, when I use lossless export, it will always export beyond 100% of the video's length.

Install and test this, but keep in mind that it is a beta version.  Retain your earlier installation files.