WavePad Shutsdown

griffkid

Hi,

It sounds very strange. How long is the file that you load into wavepad? We may have to send you a diagnostic version to help us figure out the problem? Please send an email by using the forum so that I can grab your email address from there.

Everytime I try to use one of the tools in WavePad it shuts down.  I click "Copy" WavePad disappears.  I click "Start Trim" WavePad goes away. I am using V3.03 on Windows 2000.  I've tried restarting.  Any ideas.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

It sounds very strange. How long is the file that you load into wavepad? We may have to send you a diagnostic version to help us figure out the problem? Please send an email by using the forum so that I can grab your email address from there.

I too am experiencing shutdown problems with using WavePad V3.03 on Windows 2000. I try to open the regions list, and it shuts down. I try to open a bookmark and it shuts down. The Window title says WavePad Master's Edition and that is what I paid for. DO I have to register this edition or something? THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having "shut down" problems when doing SplitAtThisPoint or with AutoSplit (this is the only feature I would like to use). I have the following configuration:

- WavePad trial version (with all features enabled).

- Windows 2000.

- Old hardware: Pentium 300 MHz, 512 MB RAM

- 70 MB .wav file, so not extremely large.

I think they're simply bugs. Not sure whether I will buy WavePad Master because not usable, and others W2K users seem to have similar problems.

Any suggestions?

I have had the same problem - Crashes at processing different things - Running Wavepad on a Windows 2000 machine -- And I lost a recoding that I need to recover -- I have the .aud and .grf file that was created but there doesn't seem to be a way to load them in or recover those files after wavepad crashes -

If anyone knows a way to reload the files or recover the audio please let me know.

Thanks

Steve

I´ve exactly the same problems here on both of my computers, on my old notebook (with Celeron CPU) and on my desktop (with P4 CPU).

On the notebook I´m running Win98, on the desktop Win98SE, and on both WavePad is crashing for lots of its features, e.g.:

Tools > FFT ---> CRASH!

Tools >TFFT ---> CRASH!

Tools > Text to Speech ---> CRASH!

Bookmark > Open Bookmark List ---> CRASH!

Bookmark > Open Region List ---> CRASH!

So my question: Is WavePad running at all under Win98/Win98SE?

As the stated ´Requirements´ say, it SHOULD run, but it DOESN´T!

As it is now, unfortunately WavePad is absolutely unusable ... :(

Regards,

Franz.

I too am experiencing shutdown problems with using WavePad V3.03 on Windows 2000. I try to open the regions list, and it shuts down. I try to open a bookmark and it shuts down. The Window title says WavePad Master's Edition and that is what I paid for. DO I have to register this edition or something? THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING.

I want to BUY WavePad BUT.....I am ALSO experiencing shutdown problems with using WavePad V3.03 on Windows 2000. Every bookmark list request and region creation and list request shuts the WavePad program down. The error message reads:

"The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000fd) occured in the application at location 0x00456c51. Click OK to terminate..CANCEL to debug" Either click shuts the program down and says it is creating an error log. My email address is elise@iyqyqr.com. HELP! -- Elise

Many thanks for the new version 3.04!

The good news: almost all reported crashes (FFT, Bookmarks, Regions) have been fixed now! :)

Only the function ´Text to Speech´ is still crashing (under Win98).

Although I don´t have installed the necessary TTS-engine (simply because I don´t need this feature at all), a popup-window with an info about this missing TTS-engine would of course be a bit more ´friendly´ than a program crash. ;)

But for me that´s not really a problem, and I´m now quite satisfied with the current version 3.04. :rolleyes:

Regards,

Franz.

• 3 weeks later...
We are fixing it now. The new version will be released very soon.  :)

I have downloaded the 3.05 version. And it works !!

The crashes have disappeared. I did not expect the fix anymore, so I was already looking for other software. But now I will start using your software. Thanks!!!