I can recall seeing "Flip" video effects...

Ivan187

So, a while ago when I installed version 6.20 of VideoPad, I noticed there were new video effects that allowed for Horizontal or Vertical flipping without having to flip 180 degrees with the Rotate effect.

But, in versions 6.21 and 6.22, those aren't even there anymore. What happened?

Hi

Right click the clip in the bin. The menu that comes up will have the flip option (Vertical or Horizontal) This will also update the clip if it is already on the timeline.

The Flip effect is also available in the effects list Motion and Transforms section in VP version 6.21. This will act on the timeline only.

0a0lQ1.jpg

(...and Rotate will work as well.:))

Nat

Might add that if effects are accessed via the BIN clip - Flip applied in this example - the result will affect only the bin clip, if that clip has already been dropped into the timeline.

In that case the flipped bin clip can be used to overwrite the existing timeline clip.  Or, simply access the effects dialog from the timeline clip in the first place.

We do A/B testing on a lot of our new features. So you may or may not see Flip in the effects list.

If you really want to use it, you could always re-install your current version of VideoPad and see if it shows up. Bear in mind this will reset the other A/B tests.

If Flip ends up being an unpopular feature then you can expect not to see it anymore in subsequent versions.

On 9/13/2018 at 7:04 PM, borate said:

Use the ROTATE effect.

Exactly what I didn't want to do. ._.