More files in same view screen.

ShadyAngel

Some time ago this worked by checking one of the options in the window menu (tile horizontal, auto arrange...) and then all open files (tabs) were shown in the same screen. I have been able to solve this one by now but now I really do not know how I got it ready. Now none of these options work anymore. Adjusting windows manually also does not work. I can only see 1 opened file at the same time in the window. I know it's possible, somehow I don't know the right sequence or actions.

A simple way to do it is via the Window dropdown menu which offers options for arranging the tiles. Does your version not show these?

I use version 5.1 on windows 7, and 6.33 on windows 10.

"Adjusting windows manually also does not work. I can only see 1 opened file at the same time in the window. I know it's possible, somehow I don't know the right sequence or actions."

If you can only see one file, it is because its' window size is maximized; click on the maximize icon (next to the red x close icon) on the top right of the file window (not the program window) to make it smaller - then you can adjust its' size by dragging the sides or corners, and its' postion by dragging the top banner of the file.

Thanks for the info. I can see the window drop menu but it seems only working when files are first opened via the "open (file) in new window".  Then I can choose another view in the dropdown menu.. 

Opening several files in the same window only works via File > open file in new window or Open (yellow map icon) > open in new window. This seems to be the only way for opening several files in one window.

Once opened you can choose another window view (tile horizontal, tile vertical, cascade and autoarrange).

Manually resizing works now when selecting minimize or maximize button for files.

Momentarily I'm using Wavepad version 8.23. My first version was 7.14. The older version I used had another layout and seemed easier to find the windows option.

When I purchased my software I also got the printed manual and a backup cd. I don't see a link to a pdf file, but this link may help:

https://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/support.html

I think our approaches are slightly different when opening files; I usually select and drag files onto the workspace, as opposed to using the 'Open File' option.

Best of luck.

p.s. there are Help Contents found under the Help tab.

Hi,

Thanks for your quick answers. Probably I did not see the option for cd and printed manual when I bought wavepad. For my targets it's very usefull but I think the price for cd is too high. The download webpage mentions a manual included when downloading but in realty it's not.

Unfortunately, the manual is not included and can not be found anywhere. Sin for a good program.