Video Export Hangs at 99.5%

brendajackson

I downloaded version 6.20 today. I did fine with loading my project files, but when I attempt to export to video, it hangs at 99.5% complete.

I began using the defaults for the Export File Settings for .mp4 (autodetect lossless export and encoder compressor H264).  Based upon research in this forum, I then turned off lossless export and attempted to change the encode compressor to MPEG4. That also hung at 99.5% complete.

At this point I appear unable to create a video from my project file. The project file is 2:42.

5 hours ago, brendajackson said:

I downloaded version 6.20 today. I did fine with loading my project files, but when I attempt to export to video, it hangs at 99.5% complete. 

If you'd like someone to check out the issue, here's how...

1. Save the project, then with it on the timeline, click the FILE menu.  Then SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS.  Save to any convenient folder.

2.  Open the folder that contains the saved files and ZIP them all.

3.  Upload the zip file to DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like.  It's free.

4.  Make the uploaded file public (share it) and copy the shared link.

5.  Paste the link into this forum.

Hi

Seemed to work OK here...

Your files downloaded OK and exported to 100% as an MPEG4 with VP6.20  

This didn't play too well in VLC on my PC though but that may just be my end of things as MPEG4  never seem to play well . Because of this I re-exported the project as an .avi 1280 x 720   and which rendered much more quickly (But as reported  it exported OK but crashed VP 6.20)

The .avi played perfectly in VLC.

Used  EXPRESS BURN to create a Video DVD from this .avi file on a DVD+RW disc. This played perfectly.

Reloaded the autosaved project after the crash and exported direct form VP as a  DVD Movie Disc with simple menu. This played perfectly

PS Liked Abby ..(Spitting image of my Tigger :))

I can only suggest you load the project and then clear the cache and try an export direct from VP to a disc.

Nat.

Also exported fine here, but the detected resolution is too high for proper display.  Suggest 1920x1080.  There were three extraneous frames at the end of the project, which might be what was hanging it.  They have been left intact (reason for brief flash at end).  The spelling of the word "definitely" has been corrected.

The brightness and color of images was shifting within some effects.  This was caused by the overlays.  To correct it,  text clips have been changed to use "editor background."  There's no need for a background color.

I had the same problem, and did quite a bit of digging which I think will help find the problem in version 6.2.

• Source file is an .mp4 at 1080i 60fps
  • If I add the file to the project and apply audio enhancements, everything is fine on export.
  • If I add a gradient blank of 3 seconds before the video, it previews OK
  • If I add a text clip as a second track with a transparent background, it previews OK... BUT, here is the clue, the caching indicator stops at the end of the 3 seconds (and so does the export).
  • Similarly, if I add the blank and text at the end, it would stop there.  May have something to do with adding a fade between the blanks and video as well.
  • If I do things so the caching makes  it to the end, then export does too.
  • Getting rid of the blank on video track 1 and moving the text from video track 2 to 1 solved my immediate problem.  There seem to be some interaction between multiple tracks, the fade, and the text/blank interaction that hangs things up.
  • During the stuck period, the CPU is still very busy, but it will never complete.

HI

Try Borate's resolution settings but an MPEG4 (Native) in the  avi container with settings below..

0ETva5.jpg

Don't use Preset Detect.  Set Advanced Encoder Options as below..

0ETJv1.jpg

This exports fine here. (Note:  Keep the grey background color for the first text overlay....Otherwise it becomes just an outline text)

Nat

Dang. Was hoping that Borate had something with the extra frames at the end. Took care of removing them and making the changes that Borate recommended to text elements. I changed the resolution to 1920 x 1080, 30.00 FPS. I am stuck at 95.5%

I will get back to this later this evening. Frustrated, to say the least.

That Nat and my export succeeded does hint at an issue there.  Clear Unused Cache Files, under OPTIONS|DISK tab, then reload the project.  Be sure that you have ample free disk space.

You might even over-install the program.  And, though it may be unrelated, check the chip or card manufacturer for an updated video driver.

At least now you have the completed project.

On 9/2/2018 at 8:43 AM, borate said:
On 9/2/2018 at 9:53 AM, Brian Womack said:

I had the same problem, and did quite a bit of digging which I think will help find the problem in version 6.2.

• Source file is an .mp4 at 1080i 60fps
  • If I add the file to the project and apply audio enhancements, everything is fine on export.
  • If I add a gradient blank of 3 seconds before the video, it previews OK
  • If I add a text clip as a second track with a transparent background, it previews OK... BUT, here is the clue, the caching indicator stops at the end of the 3 seconds (and so does the export).
  • Similarly, if I add the blank and text at the end, it would stop there.  May have something to do with adding a fade between the blanks and video as well.
  • If I do things so the caching makes  it to the end, then export does too.
  • Getting rid of the blank on video track 1 and moving the text from video track 2 to 1 solved my immediate problem.  There seem to be some interaction between multiple tracks, the fade, and the text/blank interaction that hangs things up.
  • During the stuck period, the CPU is still very busy, but it will never complete.

Unable to dupe your results in VP 6.20 here.

• Began with a 1920x1080i mp4, 59.94 frame rate seven-second clip.  No audio.
  • Added a textured 3:00 clip at the head.
  • Programmed a FADE between them.
  • Added a simple text clip overlay at the start - white letters, no background, no outline.

The green cache indicator completes on both tracks and the clip exports at auto-detected settings.

I'm actually experiencing this problem as well on the 6.20 Beta, with a 17.5 second video.

It's a new outro for my channel that I'm trying to export in 720p at 60fps.

Let someone to check out the issue...

1.  With the project on the timeline, click the FILE menu.  Then SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS.  Save to any convenient folder.

2.  Open the folder that contains the saved files and ZIP them all.

3.  Upload the zip file to DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like.  It's free.

4.  Make the uploaded file public (share it) and copy the shared link.

5.  Paste the link into this forum.

Weird, same quality and everything but it exported perfectly for you, I don't even know what I'm doing wrong.

Oh well, thanks. Now I can use it for my videos!

17 minutes ago, JimmyRustle said:

We have confirmed this as an issue with the recently released 6.20 version. We're working on fixing it ASAP.

My guess is that Borate and Nat have actually been using 6.20 beta, which probably doesn't have the same issue.

THANK YOU! I thought I was going crazy. FYI - This was my first time using the software. I do appreciate the support, though.

I suspect that Jimmy has something there, though there is no UI "beta" indication on the 6.20 being run here.

Remember, too, that video editing is resource intensive.  Some general thoughts...

Use video cards or integrated graphics that are up to the task - with current video drivers

Confirm that disk free space is adequate

Run a recent, fast processor with ample RAM (8 minimum would be wise)

When exporting, shut down other programs

Pray

3 minutes ago, borate said:

I suspect that Jimmy has something there, though there is no UI "beta" indication on the 6.20 being run here.

Remember, too, that video editing is resource intensive.  Some general thoughts...

Use video cards or integrated graphics that are up to the task - with current video drivers

Confirm that disk free space is adequate

Run a recent, fast processor with ample RAM (8 minimum would be wise)

When exporting, shut down other programs

Pray

I have over 100 Gigs available on my hard drive. Not a ton, but definitely adequate.

I do have a dedicated video card that was replaced within the last 6 months. It is up to the task.

I don't have the newest processor on the block, but I do have 16 G of RAM.

I have prayed, but never over exporting a video...

I have use Vegas Studio in the past. It is just too overblown for the fairly simple projects I anticipate doing. Thought this program would do it for me, until the export issue. I will stand by and hope it gets fixed.

I don't see how available free space could be a problem for me. 645 GB of free space, 8 GB of RAM, but as for the video card, I know absolutely nothing.