Chapters on menu

Norbert1

Hi,

When I export a project to a DVD, and I create a menu which then appears on the DVD, it seems that one can only list one projects or chapters. The name of that "play button" on the menu is the project name.

Is there a way to either burn more than one project on one DVD where the projects are listed individually on the menu screen for selection, or all chapters are put into one project where the individual chapter names appear on the menu for selection?

Thanks a lot.

Hi

The burner built into VP will only burn the project that you have in VP with the one menu. If you want to burn several projects to a DVD disc you will need to use Express Burn. which will do most of the tings you want. This will let you add numerous projects as individual files and create a Video DVD. Each of the projects have to be exported to your PC as a video file first. The interface is pretty intuitive. The Menu will produce a list of the projects and each can be played by selecting it on the menu list.

e.g. Express Burn with 7 files waiting to be burnt to a dvd.0EIA1V.jpg

The Create menu button will set up a list of the videos and assign a select button etc. It's a fairly basic burner but does the job. If you want a but more control over buttons and menus  and images for the controls there are are several alternative DVD creator programs on the web. Try for example the Open source DVDStyler. It's free.

https://www.dvdstyler.org/en/downloads

Nat

Hi

Further to above...

If you create a video with VP and set bookmarks and export that project from VP using the Video DVD option. You get the choice as to whether you want the bookmarks to act as chapters. Responding "YES" to this option allows the resulting DVD to step to each bookmarked point with the skip button on a suitable DVD player. i.e. chapters are created. The names you set for the bookmarks are not used except during editing.

If you want to use Express Burn to create a DVD with multiple projects and you export your project(s) with their bookmarks to your PC as a video file..e.g. as mpeg4 for example  the "Chapters" are not apparently saved. 

Express Burn however will create a list of included Videos (see above post) to to be burnt to the  DVD you can click on any of these and  re-create new chapters using the "Manage Chapters" button.  (This seems a bit of a backward step as you may have set many during editing ....it involves playing or jumping through the video and adding markers again where required....Your original bookmarked positions do not appear )

Express Burn will load a pre-saved list of chapter positions although I haven't found how that can be created yet. The option does not seem to be present in VP.

Nat