Changing video's playspeed breaks VideoPad

Miggy

I had this issue this morning when trying to change the playspeed of a video clip. I changed it to play at 50% speed, then previewed it once. After that, preview doesn't work any more. The pause button gets stuck so you can't click play. Also, dragging the scrubber over the clip doesn't even flash through the video in the preview windows. I closed out Videopad to reload it, but it wouldn't run - clicking on desktop icon just doesn't do anything. I had to log off and log back into Windows for VP to run. Then it works fine until I apply the video speed change, and then it breaks it again every time.

What I ended up doing was just exporting the movie clip immediately after changing the speed, even though I couldn't preview it first. That seemed to work fine, as the exported video clip came out the way I had intended.

I have another sequence later on in this project that I had planned to change the video speed. I guess if nothing else I can make the changes and export, but just not be able to preview to verify first.

Is this a known issue or does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Borate.

I should have the latest, as I just recently got VP and downloaded it directly from NCH's website.

I  know my video driver is up to date, so I'll try to clear the cache when I get home.

In the meantime, let me just check this. The reason I'm changing the video speed is that this segment is only 4 seconds long, and I wanted to draw it out to 9 or 10 seconds. Could the segment being so short be causing the problem?

Tested a four-second clip here that had been slowed by 40%.  Worked fine.  Share your project, indicating to which clip you want the speed change applied.

Someone will check out the issue.  Here's how...

1.  With the project on the timeline, click the FILE menu.  Then SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS.  Save to any convenient folder.

2.  Open the folder that contains the saved files and ZIP them all.

3.  Upload the zip file to DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like.  It's free.

4.  Make the uploaded file public (share it) and copy the shared link.

5.  Paste the link into this forum.

Okay, I first tried to slow down a 4 second clip from another video and that worked fine.

Then I tried the original piece of footage, and now that"s working fine.

I guess my computer just wasn't in a cooperative mood this morning!