Rendering glitch

Ivan187

I've been noticing something strange with how a 60fps video looks, and it's that every <1 second, the previous frame flashes very briefly, and it breaks smoothness of the video.

Here's an example of a spinning starburst background that I posted on YouTube.

In 720p60 quality, watch very closely, and you'll see that the thing doesn't rotate 100% smoothly. It's like if two frames were being swapped around or something.

Hi

What are your orders?......What are your orders?.......... What are your orders?..........  :blink::blink:

Might it be due to the animation of the pixels in the diminishing stripe width.i.e. Those near the centre not being moved for several frames whilst those near the edge being shifted several pixels per frame. A bit like the resolution "steps" effect you get if you angle a straight line.

Nat

14 hours ago, Nationalsolo said:

Hi

What are your orders?......What are your orders?.......... What are your orders?..........  :blink::blink:

Might it be due to the animation of the pixels in the diminishing stripe width.i.e. Those near the centre not being moved for several frames whilst those near the edge being shifted several pixels per frame. A bit like the resolution "steps" effect you get if you angle a straight line.

Nat

I don't think it's because of that. It happens in any kind of animation; I just chose this example because it's most noticeable.