VP Beta 6.20 crashes on .avi export.

Nationalsolo

Hi

Can anybody testing 6.20  check this out please...

• Loaded an MPEG4 and an identical Mpeg2 clip. Both1920 x 1080.
  • Both placed on the timeline with a small blank clip between them. The Timeline played correctly
  • Export video...Click Detect  = (1920 x 1080 - You Tube 1080p).
  • File Format  = .avi
  • Advanced Encoder Options = MPEG4 (Native)
  • Compression settings = Default quality
  • Create

Export queue window appeared and progress bar loaded to the end. Just before 100% the bar disappeared and there was no export message...

05qPX8.jpg 

(It's a french version of Vista hence the Ne répond pas but this doesn't cause any problems)

Note that "Remove" has no "e" and that blue bar reads 0 of 1 Complete

VP has crashed in fact as clicking  Close or X sends the whole screen white. ..........

05tvJP.jpg

VP tries to recover data and Bug report window appears behind it  but can't be accessed without closing VP down entirely whereupon it is lost as desktop is returned. As the bug report window appears VP knows there was a crash and tried to get the data back.

The project Untitled .avi has in fact been exported and the work was Auto-saved. Can anyone verify this crash scenario?

Exporting the same project (from the saved .vpj file) as an mp4 this time proceeded normally...

05qBcV.jpg

Later....wmv export was OK, mov played but sound was crap, mpg export  ok......Just .avi export that seems to crash.

In all cases the exports played normally.(apart from .mov in which sound kept breaking up.)

Nat

Hi Borate

Well that is odd!!  

AS a check, I completely uninstalled VP 6.20 and re-installed 6.10.  I then repeated this test export with the same clips exactly as shown. It exported perfectly and played perfectly in vlc without any hangups/crashes and the export queue window was complete. So I saved a vpj file

Having checked this out, I completely uninstalled VP 6.10 and re-installed 6.20 using the exe file you linked me to that I had downloaded and saved.

I repeated the test,  loading the mpeg4 clip and converted mpeg2  clip from the newly saved vpj file mentioned above.

I used exactly the same export settings and it CRASHED as before (shown above.)  The .avi saved but the export queue screen remained incomplete and caused a crash when attempts were made to close it.

The only difference I can see is the version number.

Nat