audio track only plays during image files but not video files

mcmike64

I'm a newbie. Forgive my ignorance. After putting together my first MP4 file (a mix of images, videos, and one mp3 audio track) , the audio track only plays while the images are displayed. When it jumps from an image to a video, the audio stops playing and does not start again until the next image is displayed. What am I missing? 

Ive searched the Community forum with no luck. Ive even watched the tutorials and it appears Im putting the project file together right. Do I need to mute my video clips or something? 

Hi

I presume that the audio is your mp3. This should be on its own track (Audio track 2 in the image below ) and should play throughout. If your clips have sound that should mix in with the mp3. Can you send a screenshot of the tracks on the timeline as it might be possible to spot an obvious editing problem.

e.g.

05nVmY.jpg

Nat

Here is the screenshot. Hope this helps. Thank you! From what I can tell, the checkerboard squares are the images. 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqfPlivvrtAdjt5-t_EXZU6kLzsSLQ

I may not be doing this right. I saved a screenshot to my Desktop of my Project file. Thought I could just upload it. But, I went to the "Upload other media" button and the only option I could use was "Insert image from URL". So I put the image in my cloud storage (which is the link I shared above). 

For screenshot posting tips see "Tips for getting help on this forum" near the top of the topic listings.

Hard to tell just what you have there, but it appears that audio will be heard from tracks 1 and 2 - with some track 2 breaks - through where the video thumbnails end - then new audio on track 1 carries on without video.  If you don't want those track 2 holes, close them up.  Right-click in the gap and CLOSE GAP.

If you'd like someone to check out the problem, here's how...

1.  Save your project.  Then, with the entire project on the timeline, click the FILE menu.  SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS.  Save to any convenient folder.

2.  Open the folder that contains the saved files and ZIP them all.

3.  Upload the zip file to DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like.  It's free.

4.  Make the uploaded file public (share it) and copy the shared link.

5.  Paste the link into this forum.

HI

Yes... You have gaps in both Audio tracks

bball-video.JPG?psid=1&width=1024&height

Difficult to say how they occurred. Follow Borate's  instructions to share the files and it might become clearer. You may have dragged clips down from the overlay track which can cause gaps in the audio but not quite like you have.

Inserting an image into a forum post.

Do a screensave or have a suitable image available to demonstrate your point. (e.g. a jpeg)
    Goto   https://pictr.com/ and click Start Uploading This will open a File upload window.
    In the File Upload window navigate to your image
    Select the image and click Open.
    Click the green Upload button. Your image will be uploaded to Pictr.com
    When upload is complete scroll down and click Embed codes
    Copy the Image URL. (It also has a Copy option if you hover over the text so click the word Copy that appears )
    Return to the forum and in your post place the cursor where you wish your image to insert.
    Now click Insert other media at the bottom of the post.
    Select Insert image from URL. This opens up a window above your post.
    Paste your Image URL that you copied from Pictr.com followed by Insert into post...
    The image will appear in your post at the position of the cursor.
    Left clicking on the image will allow it to be suitably sized in the body of your post.

Nat

Hi

Offhand I can't see without knowing what you did how the gaps occurred. Obviously the soundtrack for your videos will be interrupted if you insert an image or if you set the cursor to a point within in a video clip and add the image to the cursor position, but that should not create a gap in the mp3 track.

I suggest that if your clips/images play as you want them to, that you delete the mp3 track entirely and then set the cursor to the start of the timeline (if that's where the mp3 is to start) Then click the mp3 in the clip bin and "Add to the overlay track at the cursor position" This should place the complete mp3 on an empty track and it should play for the whole timeline. Note that the soundtrack for the clips will also play (mix) when each clip is reached during playback. If you don't want this to happen you can mute either the whole clip track or individual clips.

Nat

19 hours ago, borate said:

For screenshot posting tips see "Tips for getting help on this forum" near the top of the topic listings.

Hard to tell just what you have there, but it appears that audio will be heard from tracks 1 and 2 - with some track 2 breaks - through where the video thumbnails end - then new audio on track 1 carries on without video.  If you don't want those track 2 holes, close them up.  Right-click in the gap and CLOSE GAP.

If you'd like someone to check out the problem, here's how...

1.  Save your project.  Then, with the entire project on the timeline, click the FILE menu.  SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS.  Save to any convenient folder.

2.  Open the folder that contains the saved files and ZIP them all.

3.  Upload the zip file to DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like.  It's free.

4.  Make the uploaded file public (share it) and copy the shared link.

5.  Paste the link into this forum.

Thank you!

14 hours ago, Nationalsolo said:

HI

Yes... You have gaps in both Audio tracks

bball-video.JPG?psid=1&width=1024&height

Difficult to say how they occurred. Follow Borate's  instructions to share the files and it might become clearer. You may have dragged clips down from the overlay track which can cause gaps in the audio but not quite like you have.

Inserting an image into a forum post.

Do a screensave or have a suitable image available to demonstrate your point. (e.g. a jpeg)
    Goto   https://pictr.com/ and click Start Uploading This will open a File upload window.
    In the File Upload window navigate to your image
    Select the image and click Open.
    Click the green Upload button. Your image will be uploaded to Pictr.com
    When upload is complete scroll down and click Embed codes
    Copy the Image URL. (It also has a Copy option if you hover over the text so click the word Copy that appears )
    Return to the forum and in your post place the cursor where you wish your image to insert.
    Now click Insert other media at the bottom of the post.
    Select Insert image from URL. This opens up a window above your post.
    Paste your Image URL that you copied from Pictr.com followed by Insert into post...
    The image will appear in your post at the position of the cursor.
    Left clicking on the image will allow it to be suitably sized in the body of your post.

Nat

Thank you Nat.

11 hours ago, Nationalsolo said:

Hi

Offhand I can't see without knowing what you did how the gaps occurred. Obviously the soundtrack for your videos will be interrupted if you insert an image or if you set the cursor to a point within in a video clip and add the image to the cursor position, but that should not create a gap in the mp3 track.

I suggest that if your clips/images play as you want them to, that you delete the mp3 track entirely and then set the cursor to the start of the timeline (if that's where the mp3 is to start) Then click the mp3 in the clip bin and "Add to the overlay track at the cursor position" This should place the complete mp3 on an empty track and it should play for the whole timeline. Note that the soundtrack for the clips will also play (mix) when each clip is reached during playback. If you don't want this to happen you can mute either the whole clip track or individual clips.

Nat

Thank you Nat. Im going to give this a try!