Bug report: Building Preview Please Wait

philip201129

I have a 20 minute video clip and from 2:00 to 10:00 Videopad only renders audio. For video it has the error Building Preview Please wait. After the 10:00 minute it is normal again. What can i do to fix this problem?

The video plays fine in VLC player and it is recorded by Xsplit

Open OPTIONS|DISK tab and Clear Unused Cache Files.  This is a good idea when starting a new project. 

What version of Videopad is being used?   Try the latest.

If still no joy, perhaps you can share a short project that has the issue.  Here's how...

1.  With the project on the timeline, click the FILE menu.  Then SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS.  Save to any convenient folder.

2.  Open the folder that contains the saved files and ZIP them all.

3.  Upload the zip file to DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like.  It's free.

4.  Make the uploaded file public (share it) and copy the shared link.

5.  Paste the link into this forum.

I am using 6.10.

I will try your guys solution. I hope it helps. This is wasting my time so much as I have to redo the project. Obviously I do not want to switch to another editor as I have to learn the whole UI again. My computer is super fast and the hardware is redundant. There is no reason why it can't render preview fast enough for me. I am using Hardware acceleration and the Video card is radeon 20GB. There is also GTX 1080i 16GB attached in the PC. Do you recommend the GTX over Radeon.  But radeon 20GB it is way too redundant for a 12GB project. I am using the maximum top of the line video card so the Hardware Acceleration should help a lot. Everytime I load a file into the project it takes a while to load Video/Audio. And if I try to play it will warn me Audio is not ready yet.