MP3s getting cut off when saving

krex

When saving a recording as an MP3, a huge chunk of it gets cut off. For example, a 1.5 minute recording saves only 9 seconds and deletes the rest.

I can save as a WAV, but even when I do that and then save as an MP3, it cuts off more than half of it.

I upgraded to the latest version last week. Would appreciate your help.

Hello, try deleting the WavePad cache.

Close WavePad. Go to: C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\WavePad\
(if you can't find the AppData folder, set Windows to show hidden files and folders as per https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files)

Delete all files within the "WavePad" folder, open WavePad and reload the file.

If you keep having issues, enter a support ticket at http://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html

krex, when you say 'saving a recording' do you refer to a file which you just created in WavePad using the 'Record" function, or are you referring to an already existing file that you loaded into the program?

I only ask because this topic/complaint regarding MP3 behavior in WavePad has come up in the past, and one I like to follow along and experiment with in my own scenarios. I nominally work with .wav files, and use another program to convert file formats, but do regularly export mp3s from wavepad. I haven’t experienced the <loss of data when saving as mp3> syndrome

So I’ve never had cause to delete the WavePad cache – but perhaps that’s because I run my Norton utilities regularly. I don’t know.  I’m using version 5.1 on a win7 machine…..