HELP ! Images that i have used to create a video clip does not show when exported

atarioldskool

I have created a mini video clip which is a bout 1 minute long.

To create my own mini video clip i have used video clips and also image files from else where and using videopad to edit and create my video clip

In the sequence preview my mini video plays perfectly, all the images and videos play and show perfectly, but when i export the video it starts of perfectly but when it gets to the part where my mini video uses images whether it is jpeg or PNG format it does not show its just a blank black screen ? my image just does not show?

also after a while the image file in image bin also disappears. well the file is still in the bin but my actual image has vanished and just shows the checked box with the image icon in the bottom left corner, the file still shows the green tick,  but my image in the timeline is still showing ? 

i do not know what i am doing wrong, or what is the cause and how to resolve this.

i am using the free home version, and it is v6.10 

please can someone help me ? its driving me mad my video clip is almost finished and its just the last 10 seconds (which uses jpeg/png image files) that just does not want to work

i do not know how to insert screen shots or copy and paste, if anyone would like to give an email address so i can forward these images to you - that is not a problem

thank you guys 

Let's take a look.

Here's how...

1.  With the entire project on the timeline, click the FILE menu.  Then SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS.  Save to any convenient folder.

2.  Open the folder that contains the saved files and ZIP them all.

3.  Upload the zip file to DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like.  It's free.

4.  Make the uploaded file public (share it) and copy the shared link.

5.  Paste the link into this forum.

58 minutes ago, borate said:

Let's take a look.

Here's how...

1.  With the entire project on the timeline, click the FILE menu.  Then SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS.  Save to any convenient folder.

2.  Open the folder that contains the saved files and ZIP them all.

3.  Upload the zip file to DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like.  It's free.

4.  Make the uploaded file public (share it) and copy the shared link.

5.  Paste the link into this forum.

Thank you 

Hi

Initially there seemed to be a fault with your file on Google drive and perhaps I didn't get it all on download. However your link just seems to contain a .vpj file which is a text file enabling VP to re-assemble your project ...provided the component files are also present.They didn't seem to be in this case. There were 9 missing. You will need to upload all the clips as well and not just the project file. Use Save Portable Project As  This option will copy everything  into a single folder. Zip this and upload. See Borate's post above.

Nat

Hi

Inserting an image into a forum post.

•     Do a screensave or have a suitable image available to demonstrate your point. (e.g. a jpeg)
  •    Goto   https://pictr.com/ and click Start Uploading This will open a File upload window.
  •     In the File Upload window navigate to your image
  •     Select the image and click Open.
  •     Click the green Upload button. Your image will be uploaded to Pictr.com
  •     When upload is complete scroll down and click Embed codes
  •     Copy the Image URL. (It also has a Copy option if you hover over the text so click the word Copy that appears )
  •     Return to the forum and in your post place the cursor where you wish your image to insert.
  •     Now click Insert other media at the bottom of the post.
  •     Select Insert image from URL. This opens up a window above your post.
  •     Paste your Image URL that you copied from Pictr.com followed by Insert into post...
  •     The image will appear in your post at the position of the cursor.

Left clicking on the image will allow it to be suitably sized in the body of your post

Nat

hi

thanks for checking it out, im not sure as to why it played perfectly for both of you?

i did notice in the link you provided m,  to show its working, the music kind of cuts out, for like a milla second that does not happen on my files or in the preview when i play it

when you say export it as mpeg4 using the auto detect settings, i get this screen, see screen shot, so not sure what to select

i require it to be in 16:9 and preferably 720hd as its going to be for my console,  i dont want it to be in low resolution.

please can you tell me what to select from the screen shot ?

the second screen shot shows how the image looks in the bin, 1st left image - this was showing the ora image but now it doesn't and when i select it again so i can copy and paste it in the time line so i can extend the clip it does not show in preview

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kAGAXPSlvUszuiORyhQajPXQkT7F-OV5/view?usp=sharing

thanks for your help guys again 

If you're referring to the end of the Atari opening as when the music "cuts out" ... that can be eased by extending the audio track.  Place the pointer at the end of the clip until a ] bracket appears.  Then drag right until the clip ends where the next sound begins.  Changing the fade out to 2:00 will make for a gentler slope.

Clicking DETECT on the export screen displays what VP thinks is the best output resolution, based on the project files.  Confirm that the res box mirrors what DETECT indicates or click the ^ to the right of the resolution field and chose your poison.

The still files here both display a thumbnail image, so it's unclear why that is not the case there.  Suggestions...

Clear the cache, as mentioned above.

Be certain that there's adequate disk space of the drive.

Update the video driver, if necessary, from the chip or card manufacturer's WEBsite.

Hi

" The still files here both display a thumbnail image, so it's unclear why that is not the case there. "

Same here......

I only exported it in low res (smaller frame size) to speed up the process. (Gota  rather Slooooooo PC) ?

For your export...

• Click the Export Video tab and then select Video File from the list. (To save it to your PC)
  • Enter a suitable name
  • Browse to and select a destination folder
  • Click Detect to automatically get VP to set up parameters based on your project clips OR click the down button and select the option that you want. e.g. HD 720p (Your project will probably give the same settings)
  • For File Format select mp4  (or .avi or...etc.)
  • For Advanced encoder options select H264 or MPEG4
  • Click Create

These are sort of general parameters that should work with most projects.

Nat

Thank you all for your help

its worked  and its amazing 

i cleared cache and even though the thumbnail in the bin still didn't show the image but the image was actually showing in the time line when before it just wouldn't work.

thanks a million for both of your help.