Various Bugs in 6.10

pepsi_max2k

Win 10, mostly iPhone .movs and some .mp4s, .wavs mixed in ocasionally, YMMV.

Also, where applicable, options have been set such that the below should work, but still don't.

- Audio crossfade in transition doesn't work. It's present in the editor, but exported clips lack audio fade.

- Transition option screen to freeze or overlap clips is missing (used to come up every time adding a transition). Option in main settings also seems weird (can't tell if it's actually changing anything or not; I can get both freeze and overlaps happening without changing settings, just pot luck).

- Plus side, audio fade out at end bug (from late 5.Xs) is fixed.

- Downside, frozen frames before transition bug isn't fixed (see http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/24656-bug-frames-repeated-before-transition/

- When adding multiple video tracks, cropping, then dragging in to same video track (basically multi-cam editing without a multi-cam editor), a lot of the rendering dies ie. all sections of a clip start from the beginning, and/or just bug out/endlessly render. Usually resolves after a long wait, and/or changing the render resolution which re-renders everything and solves the issue.

- Some weird audio/video sync issues, causing video to speed up under some circumstances (mostly when viewed in YouTube app online. Eg. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGnuQbdyIN8 This may just be the way I'm exporting things, and/or a youtube bug.

- Still prefer the white gui skin, and would be nice to get larger audio waveforms when adding more than 1 audio track.

Otherwise, well done in still having the most useable basic editor out there. Premiere Elements won't even let me zoom in with a mouse scroll. Or transition without multiple seperate effects for audio/video/positioning (although, to be fair, maybe their transitions actually work, eventually... ;) ). Or have a useable timeline scrub (videopad allows much finer scrubbing/syncing :) ).

Audio crossfade in transition doesn't work. It's present in the editor, but exported clips lack audio fade.

A related thread from early June.  If the issue is still evident the devs will catch wind of it here.

Transition option screen to freeze or overlap clips is missing (used to come up every time adding a transition).

To clarify how the prompt works, place two ten second or longer videos on the time line.  Specify a two-second transition.  The prompt appears.

Trim out the last five seconds of the FROM clip or the first five of the TO clip and specify a trans.  The prompt appears.

Now trim both FROM and TO clips by five seconds, so that each clip has sufficient excess video at their tail and head respectively to cover the transition duration.  No prompt.

The OPTIONS setting determines the default, of course.

Downside, frozen frames before transition bug isn't fixed.

As suggested in your earlier thread, please share a short project where the fault appears.

1.  In Videopad click the FILE menu, then SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS.  Save to any convenient folder.

2.  Open the folder that contains the saved files and ZIP them all.

3.  Upload the zip file to DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like.  It's free.

4.  Make the uploaded file public (share it) and copy the shared link.

5.  Paste the link into this forum.  Someone will check it out for you.

>> To clarify how the prompt works

Ok it's magically working fine now :) thanks.

>> As suggested in your earlier thread, please share a short project where the fault appears.

May have jumped the gun here - I checked some recent videos I get jumpy transitions in, and it's actually moving from 25fps source to 30fps and back which is causing the issues. Ellusive duplicated frames will be posted when I find the next one :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@ CMajor, do you mean changing the preview window framerate might change the duplicated frames on an exported video? Or just fix it in the preview?

Also, the "no prompt for transition freeze/overlap" bug is back. It lasted as long as my last post and was never seen again EDIT: This is due to the multi-frame rate editing above (the prompt doesnt show when transitioning between two videos of different bit rates)  ?

And there is indeed a bug blanking screens on exported videos - seems to happen when I start a new project (ie. close old one) whilst old project is still exporting. Everything after the close is blank screen, but still get the audio.