ceyecz

Hi

I don't use .mkv files myself but downloaded a couple of free 1280 x 720 test MKV files, 10 mb and 30 mb  from here...

https://www.sample-videos.com/

These files played perfectly correctly in VLC.

When loaded into VP (Version 6.10 ) both files appeared to lose about 7 seconds or so at the start and just showed a still frame from about 7 seconds in. During this pause both clips played the audio from the missing section then the video started to play correctly. Sound was a little low but the glitch at the start to my mind was a more important bug.

Anybody verify this?

Needs looking at!

Nat

Did they open in an earlier version, on the same PC?

Matroska is a container...

• It is NOT a video or audio compression format (video codec)
  • It is an envelope for which there can be many audio, video and subtitles streams, allowing the user to store a complete movie or CD in a single file.

The files may require conversion before VP recognizes them.  Many tools that can handle that are available on line.  Share your file;  someone will check it out.

Here's how...

1.  Upload the file to DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like.  It's free.

2.  Make the uploaded file public (share it) and copy the shared link.

3.  Paste the link into this forum.

7 hours ago, Nationalsolo said:

When loaded into VP (Version 6.10 ) both files appeared to lose about 7 seconds or so at the start and just showed a still frame from about 7 seconds in. During this pause both clips played the audio from the missing section then the video started to play correctly. Sound was a little low but the glitch at the start to my mind was a more important bug.

The first two MKV files from that site (6 and 13 seconds) played fine in MPC-HC and WMP.  They are both MPEG4 encoded.  The first displayed its entire six seconds in VP.

The second behaved as you noted when loaded into - and outputted as an Mp4 from - a video converter.  It also froze in Videopad and in another editor.  ???

Hi,

Nat's sample files used negative number as time stamp at the first 7 seconds or so. That's why they get discarded (VideoPad start read from 0 time stamp). We are doing some experiment see if we can add support to negative time stamp.

9 hours ago, ceyecz said:

my videopad version is 4.48. Now my program dont open matroska files sound.  

This looks like a different issue. Is it possible to upload the mkv file (on Google Drive etc.) and share it here?