Slowly-panning zoomed-in still images?

stebbinsd

The sort of animation I'm thinking about can be seen in this video:

h t t p s : / / w w w . y o u t u b e . c o m / w a t c h ? v = A - c h D C l m d o s

starting at 0:51, you can see that they use almost exclusively still images. To create the illusion of movement, these still images are slowly zooming in, zooming out, or panning in one direction. For example, the map at 0:52 is slowly zooming in towards its center, while the stain glass painting after it starts at the center and slowly pans upward ... and so on and so forth.

How do I do that animation in VideoPad?

Hi

Note: If you use a still image as your primary source make sure it is of high a resolution as possible. Otherwise your VP zoom will not be particularly clear when close in.

e.g. Here are two images from a VP zoom from an avi  of  a  4000 x 3000 pixel  .jpg image. (Zoom start at right and end on left)

2ooIj.jpg

Note These are screen copies of frames from the avi of the image so not as good as original when shown on screen. The boat on the right is the one at the far end of the lake. Less resolution in your image will result in an unusable zoomed in frame.If possible use a even higher resolution image than mine but remember the AR required also.

If you are still unclear regarding animating your effects come back on the forum.

Nat