Audio/video are out of sync

KJVBIBLE1611

Hi

If you have a clip on the timeline with its associated soundtrack (the usual situation) then to unlink the soundtrack...

1. Right click the video track.
  2. Select the top option from the menu that comes up which is Unlink from Audio.
  3. Job done.

If you have a clip on the timeline with its associated soundtrack (the usual situation) then to unlink the video.....

1. Right click on the soundtrack
  2. Select the second iten down the menu that comes up which is Unlink from Video
  3. Job done.

So there you have two ways of doing the same thing.?  Once you have the tracks unlinked they can be moved independently.

You can restore them to their original state using the same menus which will have the options to Link this time.

Note:  If you wish to keep (fix) the adjustments you  make to the relative position of the tracks, you need to Group the tracks.

1. Press the SHIFT key down and keep it down
  2. Left click the Audio track and the Video track.(both will highlight)
  3. Right click either track
  4. Choose the option Group selected clips.
  5. Job done.

The grouped clips will now retain their relative positions to each other.

Nat

Nationalsolo I saw that in the other post, it didn't work. If I move the tracks, then it still gets out of sync anyways as it plays. The video and audio were recorded at the same time. Normal mp4, no out of sync problem. Upload to videopad, it's out of sync. Snap forward, move back, it will get out of sync sooner or later, seemingly no way to sync using either method.

38 minutes ago, team2win said:

Nationalsolo I saw that in the other post, it didn't work. If I move the tracks, then it still gets out of sync anyways as it plays. The video and audio were recorded at the same time. Normal mp4, no out of sync problem. Upload to videopad, it's out of sync. Snap forward, move back, it will get out of sync sooner or later, seemingly no way to sync using either method.

Here too!!!

1 minute ago, KJVBIBLE1611 said:

Is there a short instruction video on this?

Gary

41 minutes ago, team2win said:

It does not make any sense that if the original were recorded fine then why would you have to adjust anything.

Gary

1 hour ago, KJVBIBLE1611 said:

It does not make any sense that if the original were recorded fine then why would you have to adjust anything.

Gary

Yes, that is what I'm trying to figure out. If recorded in mp4, why is it out of sync when loaded into videopad? Hopefully the guys who have been helping have some answers as I'm sure this could be a future problem.

2 hours ago, team2win said:

Yes, that is what I'm trying to figure out. If recorded in mp4, why is it out of sync when loaded into videopad? Hopefully the guys who have been helping have some answers as I'm sure this could be a future problem.

Perhaps the devs will look into this seldom reported oddity.  The audio is approximately .500 faster than the video, but appears to vary by clip, which throws off the sync progressively.  My take is that the fault is with the source, either the Livestream recording or the Freemake conversion..   Try it with a direct mp4 recording without Freemake.

It was corrected.

When specifying a new speed, enabling the "insert transition frames when speed is reduced" box seemed to help.  Prior to checking that box, even after the offset was eliminated at the head of the longer clip ... and VP played it IN sync on the timeline - it still ran amok when exported.

2 minutes ago, KJVBIBLE1611 said:

Where is insert transition frames when speed is reduced" box?

Right-click the audio clip.  CHANGE CLIP SPEED.  Lower the speed.  Note that the "insert transition frames" box becomes active, and can be checked.

Hi  team2win

Please don't shout....(Use capitals!)   I was answering a query........

"Is there a video that shows how to to do the unlink? 

I'm not all that smart when it comes to written instructions, sorry." 

However your comment does explain what you are experiencing.  I agree that if the original MPEG4 recorded fine and played OK  it's odd it becomes gradually out of synch when dropped into VP.  What player did you use that showed it in synchronization  before you loaded it to VP?

From the point of view of VP a possible correction might be obtained by....Unlinking the audio and video as I described above and then right clicking the Audio track and then selecting Change clip speed. Changing the speed of the sound track slightly  (keeping the audio pitch unchanged) will stretch or squash the track whilst keeping the start point the same. This can help where there is progressive de-synchronization of the track  not simply a displacement. (A  reciprocal correction can be made by treating the video track in a similar way as Borate has suggested.)

Nat

Ok, what you are describing is quite a bit, especially since I'm not really a video/audio techie, lol. Obviously the videopad software is well more than my capabilities or knownledge at the moment. I don't know where a person is suppose to learn all of these options. It's almost easier to make a new video and see what happens on another upload. Thank you everyone for your input.

7 hours ago, team2win said:

Ok, what you are describing is quite a bit, especially since I'm not really a video/audio techie, lol. Obviously the videopad software is well more than my capabilities or knownledge at the moment. I don't know where a person is suppose to learn all of these options. It's almost easier to make a new video and see what happens on another upload. Thank you everyone for your input.

Thank You,

Gary

Well, I did my 2nd webcam video from computer and once again, audio sync delay. mp4 no delay, put into videopad, a delay. I am on computer and it seemingly opens it up in whatever software they use, might be whatever windows 10 uses as it says 'movies & tv' in upper left corner.  Sad

Suggest that once the file is transferred directly in this manner that you export it as lossless and upload the result to a MS OneDrive or the like.  Make the link public and post it here.  The developers would be interested in that file.

• 10 months later...

I've been recording videos of myself playing guitar and singing. Had video pad on my old PC. Just built a new one so I could have better quality videos. Using a logitech brio and a toneport ux2 for my sound. The sound is amazing as is the video quality but after I record the video it's sped up 10x faster then the audio. All drivers are up to date. Tried lowering my resolution does the same thing. Tried logitech's video recorder and the video works great but it wont except my audio in. Thought about recording one in each program and syncing them but that's a pain and I shouldn't have to do that if it worked fine on my old PC. Please help

• 1 year later...

You have tacked onto an old thread.  Please start a new one with descriptive subject and details in the body.

What version of VP is being used?  Test the latest.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

When you narrate and close, the cut should be placed at the cursor position.  It can be dragged left or right on its track.

• borate changed the title to Audio/video are out of sync
  • 9 months later...

It's 2021, I just had the same issue.  Within Video Pad, everything seemed to synch; however, when I exported it, it was not.  Did it several times.  One thing I noticed originally but did not take thought of was the FPS, it was higher than on other videos.  I had not changed it, it was automatic.  Somewhere I read, that the max FPS, for me, should be around 24, this was max at 30.  So, I changed it to a max of 24 and it now is synched.  I uploaded it to YouTube and it remained in synch.  So, check your FPS if it is out of synch, it's an easy fix.