Audio/video are out of sync

KJVBIBLE1611

What is the file format and encoding for the Livestream output?  Hard to say why there was a sync loss, but this may correct it...

Right-click the video track on the time line and UNLINK it from audio.

Then drag either the audio or video track to the right, until they are in sync.  If the track snaps back to its original position, hold down <alt> while dragging.

Expanding (stretching) the time line with the horizontal slider near the right-bottom of the window will help in making fine adjustments.

Upload the file, if it's a single file, or the entire project.  Someone will check it out.  Here's how...

1.  In Videopad click the FILE menu, then SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS.  Save to any convenient folder.

2.  Open the folder that contains the saved files and ZIP them all.

3.  Upload the zip file to DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like.  It's free.

4.  Make the uploaded file public (share it) and copy the shared link.

5.  Paste the link into this forum.

10 hours ago, borate said:

The linked video is an .flv, not an mp4, and it's out of sync.  If that was the original output, then the problem isn't in VP.

After synchronizing, enhancing video, and exporting as an mp4 it looked fine.   Download here with a right-click and SAVE VIDEO AS.

So the next time what do I do?

What Settings do I use?

Can I try this same file and try it it on my own?

Gary

If the original Livestream file is out of sync when played in Windows Media Player or the like,  then it's a Livestream issue.  Check support, forums and your settings.

In Videopad, audio can be unlinked from video.  Right-click on the time line to see that option, then expand (stretch) the time line with the slider at the right-bottom of the VP window.

Drag the 'late' track to the right, until it syncs with the other track.  If it snaps back, hold down <alt> while dragging.  Test it, with the earlier file.

There's something funky about the encoding of that file, though can't say what.

MPC-HC plays it out of sync but there's no audio in Windows Media Player.  VP plays it out of sync and after export as an mp4 it does play in WMP - still out of sync.

So it's not Videopad that is at the core of this issue.  Perhaps Freemake?

You might load the original file into VP and trim it there.  Or load the out-of-sync file that you most recently linked.  There are no special VP settings...

Simply unlink audio from video in Videopad and drag the 'late' track into sync, as detailed earlier.  As for this production, download the corrected mp4 linked above and you're set.

Hi

• Load the Video to VP
  • Drag the video from the clip bin and drop it onto the timeline. OR right click it in the bin and use one of the menu selections to place it on the timeline.
  • Right click the video on the timeline and select Unlink from Audio. Video track 1 and Audio track 1 now become separate.
  • To adjust the audio track position or the video position, left click the desired track and with the mouse key depressed drag the clip to the left or right to re-synch it. Zoom in with the mouse scroll wheel  if needed to get more precision.

If you have several clips in the project then you may have to unlink the audio from all the clips individually and then group the videos followed by grouping the audios. the tracks then become independent and can all be re-synched together.  Unfortunately VP won't let you group clips and then unlink them all at the same time.

Once you have the tracks re-synched then you can regroup the Audio track and the Video track in their new positions and they will then stay in synchronization.

Nat

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I just upgraded from free and this is my first paid version video and my audio is out of sync. Mine is in mp4 and audio is synced perfectly with video when each video clip plays outside of being loaded into videopad. 

When I load it into the editor, both video/audio clips go out of sequence. I can't see anyway to sync it up. I even tried snapping it forward a little but that didn't help as over the run, it would be out of sync again. This has never happened. I uploaded to onedrive, here's the link. https://1drv.ms/f/s!Anz_KbP9-HIijj0OlCY6yg7eR1pH

Thank you for any help..

The sync problem is obvious in the exported file, but what's needed to pin this down is the project itself.

Load it to the timeline, then follow these steps ... and someone will check it out.

1.  In Videopad click the FILE menu, then SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS.  Save to any convenient folder.

2.  Open the folder that contains the saved files and ZIP them all.

3.  Upload the zip file to MS OneDrive.

4.  Make the uploaded file public (share it) and copy the shared link.

5.  Paste the link into this forum.

On 7/16/2018 at 2:37 PM, borate said:

If you don't have the energy or time to follow the easy steps Nat has outlined, then you indeed may have wasted your money...but Videopad is not the cause of the sync problem.

Info

Is there a video that shows how to to do the unlink?

I'm not all that smart when it comes to written instructions, sorry.

Gary

At the left bottom of a linked audio clip one of the icons looks like a sideways figure 8 (a link).  Click it, to UNlink.

A right-click on either the video or the audio of a clip on the timeline will list a RESTORE link choice as well.