Digital noise added during transitions

mosslack

Okay, this problem is really getting annoying. It started off doing it every now and then, but now it does it most of the time. I add my video clips and then use a transition between them. Looks normal, but when I play it back in the preview window there is a digital noise that you can hear during the transition. The noise does not show up on the sound track while editing, but once the video is rendered and reloaded you can very clearly see the noise in the sound. I was going to add a picture of the sound here, but I can't see how to do that. 

Export a sample file, then upload it to Dropbox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like.  Link it publicly and post the link here.  Have never seen this behavior mentioned.

To post pics here, see the sticky post at the top of this forum...

Tips for getting help on this forum

• 1 year later...

Hi... the first is that the sound might be so hot (levels so high) that in one of the frames where the sounds are combining, it's creating a pop of distortion (clipping). It's a good idea to leave some headroom in your recordings. As long as your source audio doesn't contain hiss, you aren't going to create any more hiss if you have to digitally boost the levels in post (within reason). I usually record live audio sources so that only my peaks are between -12 an 0db. I have more often been bitten by unexpected too-hot peaks than too-low audio. Of course, "just right" is the best.The second thing is that it might be that your clip actually ends at the point you're trying to fade.

order pcb