Trying to Export

Yellowrose

My trial version has expired & I now have the "free" version. I want to create/export as an mp4. Now no matter what I select (including mp4) I get this message: "You're trying to export to a paid format. Would you like to upgrade VideoPad to enable it?" What do I need to select in the Export drop down menu to create an mp4?!?

• 11 months later...
On Thursday, June 28, 2018 at 1:47 AM, Yellowrose said:

My trial version has expired & I now have the "free" version. I want to create/export as an mp4. Now no matter what I select (including mp4) I get this message: "You're trying to export to a paid format. Would you like to upgrade VideoPad to enable it?" What do I need to select in the Export drop down menu to create an mp4?!?

After literally doing thousands of experiments I final found a way lol. I know a trick and it works for me. Click on the option "Export Video" select "Video file" then at the left side you'll see "preset:" at the third column change it to "Custom" it's the last one then change your file format option to ".avi" then change the resolution to literally anything you like after choosing your desired resolution  select "create" and you will have the video in the quality you like. Later on if you wanted to change the video into a mp4 you can rename it from .avi to .mp4  I hope this will help you 

Hi

It's already mentioned above (June 2018) that the trial version will export your project as an avi. with other file types being restricted. The steps mentioned by Samman above are, in fact, the normal export steps .  I am not sure whether simply changing the file type of your .avi export to .mp4  will actually work.  I'll have to give it a try.

Nat

Download and install this version and mp4 export should be available.

If and when an end-of-trial prompt appears there may be an option to continue with the 'lite' version.

If not, open Control Panel|Programs and Features and UNinstall.  The prompt may then appear.

Be aware that the free version does have some limitations.  Best bet is to purchase and license.

• 2 months later...

I have v 7.10 installed on 3 PCs, all for non-commercial home use. On 2 PCs, I can export in any format. However, on the 3rd PC, which I most recently installed the software on, I got a message today saying my trial period had ended and that I'm trying to export to a paid format (in this case, .MOV). I'd rather not select another format, since I'm trying to do a lossless export, and the source file is MOV.

I'm a bit confused as to why this is happening, since I'm using the same version on all 3 PCs. in fact, I think 2 of the PCs actually used the same installer file. Has anyone run into this?

5 minutes ago, borate said:

Can't definitely say.  The same installer file may actually load several different builds, with slightly different characteristics.

Doesn't seem to be the case. The executables have identical file sizes and timestamps.

I just tried the installer above, which installed 7.30. It allowed export to MOV this time, but we'll see if it sticks or not.

• 4 months later...
On 6/15/2019 at 6:37 AM, borate said:

If and when an end-of-trial prompt appears there may be an option to continue with the 'lite' version.

If not, open Control Panel|Programs and Features and UNinstall.  The prompt may then appear.

Be aware that the free version does have some limitations.  Best bet is to purchase and license.

Thank you so much! The link worked! I can finally upload this YouTube video which I worked for 5 hours to make. I thought all my hard work and progress would be deleted. Thank you so much!!! :))))