Merging video files

swiss2008

Good afternoon, 

I'm so desperate for some help with this, I'm editing a business video shot on a camera that for some reason divides video clips into 2gb files, my issue with videopad is I want to rejoin the clips so they play continuously but when I put them next to each other on my timeline there is a stutter between the two clips, it's noticeable and as I'm using another video stream it's making syncing that impossible, can someone please help me, is there a way of joining these files so they play continuously without a stutter, so they play like one video?

Thank you so much in advance,  ? ? ? 

PS The files are MTS files.

Hi

Have you tried converting them to a single sequence? Even though single large clips may stutter where they appear to join I don't think a sequence will. Worth trying  it with two of your clips.

• Place first clip on the timeline.
  • In Clip preview use the play button section to move the cursor to the end of the clip by clicking .>II
  • Select the second clip in the clip bin and then in Clip preview use the PLACE button menu to Place Clip on Sequence at cursor
  • Click the Sequence tab on the top toolbar and then click the NEW tab This clears the timeline and creates a single sequence from the clips.
  • Open the Sequence clip bin Where there will be two sequences , yours (1) and a  dummy (2) Place Sequence 1 on the timeline.

Sound will be there but the track will appear empty. Does the sequence play without a stutter where the clips change?

Nat

Thank you Nat and Borate, I've used the command prompt method as detailed in one of Borates links and it works!!  Thank you so much for your help, I just have one more question if I may, I have a title screen for the video but it shows with a wide black frame around the picture, is there a way I can stretch it to fit or if not what size should the picture be so it fits the screen?

Thank you for your detailed answer Nat, I do appreciate it!

Edited by swiss2008

With the title screen clip on the time line, click its FX icon.

Click the large green + sign at the top left and experiment with the SCALE, PAN & ZOOM and POSITION effects.

Or, even if the clip isn't on the time line, right-click on it in the bin and note the ASPECT RATIO and CROP choices, which may do the job for you.

And take a look at this post.