Update issue

Mozz

I have just been forced to update video pad and paid for the it even though I wasn't looking for it. Maybe there are some improvements though I have yet to see.

My biggest problem is that the 'new look' is all dark grey whereas before it was clear and predominantly white/bright which I found lovely to work with. 

Is there a setting that will allow me to change the background colour and make it nearer the 'old version?

I was 'forced because the program wouldn't run until I upgraded which frankly I find disingenuous having paid for my original software in full almost three years ago. Nonetheless I assumed there must be tremendous improvements and added features ... A lamb to the slaughter I paid up to find that a really easy to use and pleasurable    program is now difficult to navigate and the dark grey makes it even more confusing. To me it seems a case of fixing something that 'wasn't broken' as is so often the case now days. Yes add features ... Mind you in the three years I have used it there has never been a single update of any kind so I was pretty surprised at this latest 'innovation' only to be utterly dismayed...I was actually in the middle of an edit when it crashed and informed me I had to 'buy in' again? 

Very disappointed and will now have to find an easy to use editor.. MORE expense . ?

Updates regularly appear.  After a period of time it is necessary to pay to license them, but there is no 'detonation' date, nor feature disabling for previously licensed software.

If the program became corrupted you should have been able to reinstall it or, if need be, contact NCH to make it right.  The install file may be stored in this path...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\VideoPad"

What version were you using?

Hi

"... Mind you in the three years I have used it there has never been a single update of any kind ..."

Since January 2015 (In the last three years)  starting with VP v 3.85  and finishing with the current version VP v 6.1 there have been at least 30 upgrades. Although initially I found the "Dark" version a bit "different" , it does quickly become familiar. If I revert now to an earlier version  now THAT is the one that seems "different". ?

Nat