Fade out without transition

HunterEdits

I have two clips in a project. I want one to fade out for 4 seconds. Then I want the next clip to appear. VideoPad is not letting me do this. If the clip that fades out is the last clip in the project, it works. If not, VideoPad wants to make the next clip fade in. That's totally not what I want. I want fade to black, next clip appear. No fading in involved.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Instead of using a transition, use an effect (FX).

Click the FX button at the bottom-left of the clip to be faded.  The effects window appears.

Click the green cross at the top-left of that window and click the TRANSPARENCY (opacity) effect.

Click the squiggy line at the far right of the word "opacity" - to reveal the animation line.

Click inside the SELECT PRESET box and choose FADE OUT.

Drag the blue line and release the mouse button.  Drag the resulting dots (keyframes) left or right to change the duration of the fade, or up/down to change opacity.

Right-click on a keyframe to delete it.  Blank space or a blank, black clip can be added between two clips if desired.

Hi

You could also try this...

• Place both clips on the timeline
  • Drop a blank black clip in between them
  • Right click the blank clip on the timeline and from the menu change the duration to 0.1 seconds.
  • Now zoom in to the timeline (or use storyboard mode) and delete the blank clip. The two clips will remain separated by a 0.1 second gap
  • Add your fade transition to clip one.(Make it 3.9 seconds)
  • Group clips if required.

The fade will not cross the tiny gap.Clip one will fade out for 3.9 seconds, the gap will play black for 0,1 seconds and the total time from the start of the fade before clip 2 appears will be your 4 seconds.

Timeline will look like this...

d73eb29ce02a11bd116cb35f24be630f.jpg

Storyboard mode is probably clearer......

446802843c56f442050bba4b221a3aba.jpg

Nat