Advanced audio question

Ghost Rider

I'm very happy with Videopad so far. I bought it to process Goprp videos and discovering that W7 did not work with the Gopro software this was a good option.

So what I started doing and partly was my plan all along is recording mountain bike video recording and archiving the entire ride(s) in 1080P. So I decided to mute the ride audio and drop in a 2nd audio track. Me being an audiophile I record records new and old in 24/96. I was able to use a 3 record box set totaling 1:45 min and it matched up nearly perfectly to my most recent ride video. I 1st thought to save space I processed the audio down to a MP3 file. I discovered that Videopad by default up-converts audio to 24/96 so I reprocessed using the original 24/96 file and it is awesome.  

So my 1st question is ; can I ad the 2nd audio track as a 2nd audio not mixing it with the Gopro audio. So using the player remote I could choose either the music or the original Gopro audio?

2nd question is I use BDRB to shrink the files to a BD5, BD9 or BD25 (which will not down-cvonvert the 24/96 audio). If I my goal is to process down to a BD5 or BP9 size can I change the default audio to say 16/44.1 or even MP3?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks c_major,  I am still following up doing these kind of videos. The one I did before worked well. Like I said before it was cool to see that by default it is 24/96 audio I record all my vinyl in 24/96.

Today I'm working on a 4:08 hour ride and added up a bunch of tracks to drop in. I discovered dropping one 5" gig audio file takes forever to load, so I cut it up into pieces and it loaded fine I was able to put in index marks for track markers and now it is processing the audio and it may take a long time. If it had a progress bar would be more comforting. The CPU is running at 25% and the memory is only at 12% so it must be doing something.

Also are there any menu upgrade options? For one I took a snapshot of the film and would like to use that as my menu wallpaper. If I could title or add text to each chapter would also be cool.

OK I save the project file and restarted the computer and it's working now. I figured out how to use the snapshot for the menu wallpaper. One thing that would be nice is a way to automatically shut the computer down after the processing is done.

8 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

One thing that would be nice is a way to automatically shut the computer down after the processing is done. 

We periodically prevent the computer go to sleep when exporting. You compute should be able to sleep when it finished.

21 hours ago, c_major said:

We periodically prevent the computer go to sleep when exporting. You compute should be able to sleep when it finished.

The video completed everything looked good but the final video freezes at 2:12 hours. Are very big files problematic? Should I keep them down to around 2 hours?  I'm reprocessing it again tonight. I turned off the screen saver and set it to not put the computer to sleep any other suggestions?

The video is 4:08 hours and every time it would freeze and that froze shot would remain for the rest of the time. The audio froze too. Even the 1st couple I burned to a 25g disc froze at 2+ hours I just didn't know until I tried to watch it and or FF. For about a week I kept reprocessing this even started completely over in the end I had to do it in 2 parts burning it on two 25g discs.May be my machine. It was just frustrating as these things can be.

Thanks for your input!:mellow:

You might burn an ISO file, then play it on your PC - to see if the behavior is the same.  On Windows 10 PCs double-clicking the ISO should mount it as a drive letter.  It can then be played as if it were a DVD.

As for burning to disk - try other speeds and media brands.

I have tried all sorts of options. I 1st burned a couple to a BD disc. Then when I realized I had a problem I play from 2 players Power DVD 17 and Media Center 20.  I 1st played from folder a BDrebuilder copy used to shrink it down to fit on a BD25 disc. Then the ISO created by Videopad. In all cases the problem was on the Videopad ISO. Is it possible the Gopro Hero 5 is the problem?

All videos processed in W7 froze after 2+ hours the one I processed in W10 worked. I played them all in W7. So processing in W7 over 2 hours will fail, sounds like a bug to me. At least I seemed to have fixed my issue. I guess it will force me to figure out W10.