VideoPad file is much smaller than the original file compiled in CyberLink

BGreen

Hello,

I joined a number of old 60s video clips together in CyberDirector v12 and the resulting mp4 file was 252,157 KB. I did some very minor editing in Videopad v6.10 and the resulting file is only 17,152KB.  Below are the respective video properties. 

The quality isn't as good with the smaller file. Is there a way to ensure the original and the edited version have similar properties? 

Version---------------Videopad-------------------------------Cyberlink

Length   ---------------   00:00:5:18  ------------------------00:05:37

Frame width ---------   320  --------------------------------- 640

Frame height ---------- 240 --------------------------------- 480

Data rate   -------------   311--------------------------------   5994kbps                              

Total bit rate-------------439---------------------------------6125 kbps

Frame rate ---------------14 frames/second-------------- 25 frames/second

Thanks

Bob

Audio Bit rate ----------  128kps ---------------------------- 131 kbps

Channels            --------- 2(stereo) ------------------------- 2(stereo)

Audio sample rate------ 48 k Hz------------------------------- 48 k Hz

What format?  What encoding?

When in the export screen, did you specify ""Auto detected resolution" and "Auto detected frame rate" in those fields, respectively?

Click each field for a drop-down menu that reveals the wide variety of export options.

Many thanks -  I simply clicked on the save button. By format - what are the options (I take it you are not referring to file type)?  I didn't specify encoding.  I'm used to just going with the program defaults.  Is there a format and encoding type I should be specifying?

Thanks Borate. I got the frame rate and height the same as the original & increased the data rate to 2052 and the total bit rate to 2180. Quality is improved, the file size is 76,767.

I selected resolution 1024 x 576 TV-wide and 29.97 TV NTSC for the maximum frame rate

The data rate and total bit rate is still only about a third of the original. Is this crucial?

The data rate and total bit rate is still only about a third of the original. Is this crucial?

If the eye doesn't see the difference, then this is probably not a concern in your usage context .  No expertise claimed;  others with more knowledge may weigh in.