No audio when exported

Syntax25

Hi, i just downloaded videopad and edited a 11-min video. All the video and audio are working well using the videopad but when i exported the video, there is no sound at all. Can anyone pls help, i am supposed to submit the video file in 10 hours. 

• 1 year later...

I'm facing the same issue. I bought a subscription version of videopad 2 days ago, and now when i export in HD format, there's no sound.  on the exported video. When I export in very low resolution formats, the sound is there. please help asap

That specific fault was fixed back in 2018  this is an old thread.

What Videopad version is being used?  What format for export - Mp4, MOV, AVI?  What settings?   Please share the project.  Someone will test it for you. 

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material you can link it in a personal message (PM) to me, via the envelope above.  Be sure to FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

• 4 months later...

What are the specs of your PC?  CPU/GPU/RAM/free space on the caching disk?

Please submit the problem project for analysis.  It's easy, takes but a few minutes and can usually help solve issues.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.
Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

So your're saying I should uninstal the paid version I have and replace it with this one? Are you an NCH tech? How reliable is this other version?. Will it be as complete as my paid version? Will my paid version be fixed? When will it be fixed and how will I know?

Wish NCH had decent costumer service. Not very satisfied so far. Aleady a glitch just a few days after purchase.

Sorry, dont't take it personnel. Just not too used to these threads :)

Our research should lead to a fix as soon as the engineers can track it down.   Check here for updates.   Folks in the forum are users, for the most part - just like you.

7.02 lacks a few features of its successors, but should be fine for your current project.  Just retain your license/registration info to use when the issue is solved.

Hi fun

NCH have been notified regarding this problem. Your project downloaded OK and the faults reproduced. There is something definitely going on here and by replacing/removing various files and testing preview and export it seems to be due to your particular mp3 file or your particular mp4 clip that somehow don't want to play when started together. The same configuration previews and exports OK with my own clips and simply moving the Open Road.mp3 clip up the timeline cures the problem.

My suggestion until the developers can find what this  problem is, is to split off 1 frame from the start of the timeline.....

1. Zoom close into the start of the timeline.
  2. Set the red cursor line to the start using the I< button
  3. Step along 1 frame using the I> button
  4. Click the red cursor line again to get the scissor pop up with the brackets
  5. Click the Red bracket to remove 1 frame from the start of the timeline and automatically close the gap.

The single frame deletion won't be noticed and the sound will now export.

Nat

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I'm having the same issue as above. Everything works fine in VideoPad but all sound tracks lost upon export. I also tried the beta version listed above and can only get the file to export to 91.5% before it freezes up.  Any other suggestions?

AVI likely will be fine;  check the WEBsite or target for their specifications.  Still, VP should not lose audio or end prematurely upon export and folks would like to find out why.  Be sure that no audio tracks are soloed or muted (at the left of the track).   What version of the program are you using now?  The latest beta version is here.

THE best way to track this down is for you to share a project.  It's easy, takes only minutes and can be done privately.

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

Thank you for sharing your project.

Using version 8.23 it completed export as a 1080 Mp4.  All audio was present, but the timeline between 3:10 - 3:29 is missing video.  Perhaps that explains three Mp4 files, each with no content, that could not be loaded.  They are MVI 8209, 8239 and 8240. 

Please reinstall the program, then reload your project.

Colleen followed up...

Thank you so much! Your comments made me go back and think of what I had done (these were individual video segments at one point, complete with their own edits and subtitles that then had to be combined back in for one larger video). I remember that I "flipped" one of the MVI files you said was missing, which might have been why things were getting "stuck". I made some corrections and I think it's finally working!

• 5 months later...

Chris Rust wrote:  Audio will not export in version 8.77

What are your export settings?   Try this version.  Ignore any virus warning.

Some earlier releases had export audio issues, but not reported in v8.7x.  Let's see your project.  Upload and share it, or send it to me via personal message.

Here's how...

1.  With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
2.  Locate the saved, numbered folder and upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*  (Don't upload the export or just the VPJ file.)
3.  Get a shared, public link. If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. Click the blue "Change to anyone with the link..."  Then click COPY LINK | DONE.
4.  Paste that link here, or click the folder, above top-right in this forum, and message it to me.  This is private and won't be shared.
*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

On 9/5/2020 at 7:33 AM, borate said:

What are your export settings?  

Preset HD 1080p
File Format .mp4
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 -1080p HD
Widescreen fit: Letterbox
Frame Rate: Variable Frame Rate (Max 29.970fps)   (Video was originally recorded at 30fps)
Subtitle: Overlay
Estimated File Size: 2.21GB

Hi I did upload my file, but the ftp process wasn't exactly transparent so I've no idea whether it uploaded. I'll get a google drive link as you suggest.

Thanks, I've just exported a clip to .wmv and the sound comes through fine, I'll do an MP4 now.

Here it is, I've included an exported mp4 with no audio.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UdbOsJcDU2_jmtUpa7EevvaO6yL-d6xX?usp=sharing

The original video is silent (intentionally) until about 1 min.

Also I realise that I may have never exported to MP4 before so I may have had the problem all along. I've just started recording mp4 from a Blackmagic Atem Streaming Switcher.

Exported at mp4 default settings in less than five-seconds here, with audio intact (no one-minute silent leader).  Tested it twice, and could not replicate the issue.

Does audio play in preview?

Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  Then you can restore a project to the state it was in when saved.  Just double-click the VPJ file (which isn't playable).

Then close the program.  Go to this PC folder and delete all files that it contains...   "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components" or the same path without (x86).

Reinstall the latest VP release.

Success?

• borate changed the title to No audio when exported