.mp4 with no audio??

a1048

Hello, 

I'm trying to export a video so that I can post it on twitter. Unfortunately, twitter only lets you post .mp4 and .mov, and I am unable to export to these two types of files with my audio. The video exports fine, but as soon as I play it, I can't hear anything. In the previews it works fine, but not after exporting. When I export to .avi it works. I even tried exporting to Youtube but it still would not give me audio.

I really need to get this video, and a few others, exported and posted ASAP. Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check the result with the latest VP version.  If no change, share the project or a portion thereof...

With your project on the time time line, click FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT.  Upload every file that results to DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like.

Make the link public and post it here.  Someone will check things out.  If there are many files, zip them first, then upload the ZIP file.

I got exactly the same problem. (version 5.04)

My video is playing sound fine in the videopad editor and the preview. But when I export it to either file or Youtube there is no sound at all.

I have checked - none of the sound icons are muted.

I have to audio tracks in my project.

41 minutes ago, a1048 said:

Neither speaker icon is muted. Also, I'm currently in version 6.10 

Same for me.  I updated to 6.1 and still nada. Its weird because it worked before. Perhaps a Windows 10 sys update? I did just update since my last video project. Anyone else?

I've also confirmed that avi file with sound did work. 

@a1048

I've tried your project. The sound works for me too. Have you changed any of the codec settings (by clicking "Advanced Encoder Options")? What are the options?

@Scott

I've sent an access request.

@jeba @VideoSmideo @Seisenhut

Could you please share the project files if that's possible. We reward people helped us fixing issues with free register key for the latest release. Thanks.

56 minutes ago, c_major said:

@a1048

I've tried your project. The sound works for me too. Have you changed any of the codec settings (by clicking "Advanced Encoder Options")? What are the options?

@Scott

Could you please share the project files if that's possible. We reward people helped us fixing issues with free register key for the latest release. Thanks.

I didn't change any of them to start with, and when it didn't work, I kept trying different things. At this point, I've tried so many that I wouldn't be able to tell you

We've found the problem. The problem is not in VideoPad. It's a shared component that we updated few days ago. It happens to users installed VideoPad in these few days.

We've already fixed the component on the server. To fix this please delete the malfunctioning component from your local disk. VideoPad will download it again from the server when you export.

The component can be in one of these file path: 

• C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components\aacenc3\aacenc3.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components\aacenc3\aacenc3.exe

I'll ask support team to send free upgrade keys to the people in this discussion.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenient.

1 hour ago, c_major said:

@a1048

@Scott

Done

1 hour ago, c_major said:

We've found the problem. The problem is not in VideoPad. It's a shared component that we updated few days ago. So it only happen to new users installing VideoPad in these few days.

We've already fixed the component on the server. To fix this please delete the malfunctioning component from your local disk. VideoPad will download it again from the server when you export.

This is the component's file path:  C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components\aacenc3\aacenc3.exe

I'll ask support team to send free upgrade keys to the people in this discussion.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenient.

Hi

I don't have that directory but I do have that file located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components\aacenc3

I have deleted and re-exported and it's now working thanks.

Scott

9 hours ago, c_major said:

Sorry about the late reply - i'm in european timezone... My project is here: https://euclive-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/jeba_eucnord_dk/EUmjPkSlJo5DmNXOvW45Y58BOnMHQkNs86Ziw-wQY3TGBg?e=U8zvts

Hi there.  I have the same issue. 

I do not have these files in my directory 

The component can be in one of these file path: 

• C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components\aacenc3\aacenc3.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components\aacenc3\aacenc3.exe

These are the files that I have 

avcodec-55.nch.dll

avformat-55.nch.dll

avutil-52.nch.dll

swresample-0.nch.dll

swscale-2.nch.dll

Please help me. 

Hi @Jeba

Your files downloaded OK but unfortunately the images/clips and  mp3 received are not related to the .vpj file which was sent. 

These are the steps you should follow....

With your project on the timeline you need to ...

• Click the  File tab
  • Select Save Portable Project As
  • Navigate to and Select a file in wish to save the data.

Your project Clips/Images/Audio files will then be copied and saved into the selected folder along with a.vpj file. The folder will be dated and numbered to distinguish it from any other folder created in this way. The contents of this folder will enable your project to be recreated on a different PC.

It is the contents of this folder that should be uploaded to the file sharing website.

Nat