Make edited video one piece.

epturtle

How do I make my edited video into one solid video without cuts?  I'm trying to add in a forgotten clip and it keeps overlapping instead of inserting the clip.  I can't move things over to add it in because it then causes the other clips to overlap.  HELP PLEASE!!

Place the scrubber (red line) at the split point between the clips  where you want the new one inserted.

In the media bin, click on the clip to be inserted.  Click the chevron to the right of the PLACE button and choose PLACE ON SEQUENCE AT CURSOR.

Or...

Hold down <alt> as you right-drag the clip that will follow the clip to be added.  This will create a gap.  Insert the clip there.

Close any gaps by placing the pointer in the gap, right-clicking, and clicking on CLOSE GAP.  Gaps may be easier to spot in Storyboard mode.

If adjacent tracks are adversely affected when inserting the clip, lock them first by clicking the lock icon at the left of the track.

Hi 

"How do I make my edited video into one solid video without cuts? "

• Save your project
  • Click Sequence on the upper toolbar
  • Click the New option. This will clear the timeline and create a sequence (Essentially a single clip) of your work.
  • Open the Sequence bin
  • Drag/drop or place your sequence onto the timeline. Note that for some reason the soundtrack will not be visible but is there.
  • Continue to edit as normal.

@Borate

" Click the chevron to the right of the PLACE button and choose PLACE ON SEQUENCE AT CURSOR. "

Earlier versions gave  a selection of places to place the clip at the top of the bin, but if I right click a clip in the bin the menu that comes up in VP 6.10 only has "Place clip on sequence  Ctrl +W"  There is no chevron submenu to select a position from.

b88237c5460dfde7dd124f78bba83c2b.jpg

Nat

5 hours ago, Nationalsolo said:

Earlier versions gave  a selection of places to place the clip at the top of the bin, but if I right click a clip in the bin the menu that comes up in VP 6.10 only has "Place clip on sequence  Ctrl +W"  There is no chevron submenu to select a position from.

Yes, the reinstatement of that option would be welcomed.

23 hours ago, Nationalsolo said:

"How do I make my edited video into one solid video without cuts? "

• Save your project
  • Click Sequence on the upper toolbar
  • Click the New option. This will clear the timeline and create a sequence (Essentially a single clip) of your work.
  • Open the Sequence bin
  • Drag/drop or place your sequence onto the timeline. Note that for some reason the soundtrack will not be visible but is there.

A variation...

Place the pointer somewhere in sequence 1 and press <ctrl-A> <ctrl-C> to copy all.

Click the + sign to the right of the sequence 1 tab or use SEQUENCE|NEW as Nat described.

In the blank sequence 2, click in the timeline, then press <ctrl-V> to paste.  The audio track will be visible.

Hi

OK. Found the Place options. I forgot THAT one!  It also used to be an option (with the little green and white lines) in the bin toolbar.(In both places it wasn't intuitive IMHO) and I believe I had to enquire where it had gone . Before that is was in a right click menu on the actual clip in the bin.This latter option seems far more logical as one is in the bin already to select the clip.

Nat

@Nat

21 hours ago, Nationalsolo said:

In connection with using sequence. Why doesn't the sound track appear once you have add the sequence to the blank timeline?

It's a limitation of the software. Since the sequence sound track hasn't been composed (i.e. mixing multiple tracks) at that point.

We didn't compose it until export to save system resources.