Jannierm89

Move text around in VideoPad

Hi!

I can't for the life of me figure out how to make it so you can move text around independently from the buttons for the purpose (up, down, to the sides). Can anybody help me? 

Thanks 🙂

Hi

Your text   can be positioned as Borate describes. i.e. In Clip preview simply grab the text and move it to the new position. If you want it to MOVE then you will have to add an effect. e.g. Position and then use keyframes.

Nat

On 5/4/2018 at 2:47 PM, Nationalsolo said:

Hi

Your text   can be positioned as Borate describes. i.e. In Clip preview simply grab the text and move it to the new position. If you want it to MOVE then you will have to add an effect. e.g. Position and then use keyframes.

Nat

Hi,

I am on version 6.01. I cannot make this work, what else am I missing?

When I click on drag on the text, I see the bounding rectangle move. When I release the mouse button, the rectangle snaps back and disappears, and the text never moved at all.

Thanks
  Matt

Odd.  Create a simple text file.  Even before adding it to the time line, the lettering should be movable by left-clicking and dragging in the preview window.

Clear unused cache files, under OPTIONS|DISK tab.  If no joy, reinstall Videopad.  This, using a beta version that apparently has corrected the problem.

It's indeed odd. I just couldn't replicate what you did in the demo. I tried clearing the cache like you suggested but it didn't work. I'll try installing the latest release. I'm on Win 10. 

I found a workaround which is to add a Text Effect - Position and move it to the desired position.

Matt

Hi

Just reloaded VP 6.01 Professional Licensed version (was using 6.10 for above posts) and checked  out dragging the text.

st11x is correct. A four headed arrow appears and the yellow rectangle can  dragged to a new position but the text does not move with it.  I have to presume the feature we are describing in our posts using VP 6.10 was not implemented in the earlier version or that version has a bug.

Applying the Position effect to the text is the obvious way to proceed.

Nat

Yes, I can confirm that as well. Ironically, in the newer version where you can move the text, the cursor doesn't change when you hover over the text, so you don't know that you could in fact move it.

I have seen an earlier forum thread that it can be positioned and with that 4 headed arrow, so it was available prior to 6.01.

Matt