Partial Payments

mitrecyclers

Hi,

Sometime our customer pay partial payments and we mark that partial payments for that invoice but There is no way to see which amounts we have marked. E.g Invoice is of 2000 and customer paid 2 x 200 and 2 x 300, Now we can see 1000 due but unable to see what payments we have marked (2x200 and 2x 300), Naturally it is keeping data somewhere so it is telling what is outstanding. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

From top menu go to View → Payments → select the customer and check on the payments, all partial payments will be related to the same invoice, you will notice this from the Invoice column in the right. 

Regards, 

17 hours ago, Telephony said:

Hi,

From top menu go to View → Payments → select the customer and check on the payments, all partial payments will be related to the same invoice, you will notice this from the Invoice column in the right. 

Regards, 

I know I shouldn't be merging two topics. Can you please provide advice on 

Amount is been refunded via bank transfer but Express Invoice still shows it as due in account as it is unapplied to any of the invoice.

• 2 months later...

We email payment receipts. However when customers payments are split, partial, or they have a credit when the invoice is issued, the receipt shows all the items on the bill, the total of the bill, and the amount paid on that occasion. It does not take into consideration past payments or credits, so I spend time fielding calls from confused customers whose receipts appear too be telling them they still owe money or have an outstanding balance.

For example Jane Doe gets an invoice for $200. She pays $150 on Tuesday and has a balance of $50 that has to be paid by Sunday. On Saturday she pays the remaining $50, and her receipt says: Total bill $200, amount paid $50.

On Monday morning she calls me, concerned that she still owes $150. This is particularly an issue with charitable organizations and municipal/county authorities! They often pay the same bill twice, or spend hours querying it.

• 1 year later...

There is an Invoice to which client keeps paying via Installments, so main invoice is 7000 and client pays 500 each installment.

I was adding each payment with correct date and due amount and all were fine. Last payment I by mistake entered the full balance due amount and recorded the payment, but the actual payment should only be 500. So i deleted the payment.. After I deleted I noticed that the complete payments done before have got removed from Invoice and it shows the full amount as Due. But in the Payments list am able to see all the previous payments and invoice number is also correct.

How can those previous payment receipts get added to the invoice and show the due correctly in the invoice again now ?