Question about text effects + rant warning lol!

Anaam

I have to say - I'm not enjoying this software as much so far as it's so fiddly! 
I have the paid version updated to latest version.
The video tutorials do not show the same UI as the latest version but I understand it's hard to keep everything updated.
Anyway...can't get 'GLOW' effect or 'ZOOM' effect to work on my project?
Using the Mac version.
Tried using typewriter effect but gave up because all the words totally crunched into each other and were unreadable immediately upon playing the clip.

Just tested 'waves', 'noise' & 'fisheye' and they work easily.
What am I missing?

I'm used to another program which is extremely limited but quite easy to use - bought VP because I loved all the options it provides but it's one of the most frustrating and fiddly softwares I have used in a while :(
Any help would be appreciated.
Please accept my apologies for my frustration right now as I have just wasted over 2 hrs. trying to add a simple glow effect to work...
Your video tutorials haven't helped so far either.

ty

Hi

The Glow effect will only work on the bright areas of the clip. personally I don't think it is very effective and is best seen if animated in and out. Try this to see the effect.

Add a white text line to the centre of the screen and then add a blank black background.

Add the glow effect at 100% to the text and then use the keyframes to make it animate  UP/DOWN/UP/DOWN...... When you play the clip you should see a glow appear in and out around the text. It's not particularly great however.

Nat