Crebindiou

Infinity foot controller in-usb-2 status ok in ExpressScribe pro, but not working

Hello ! (excuse my Frenglish lol)

Anyone facing issues with the foot controller infinity in-usb-2 with ExpressScribe Pro ?  I configured it correctly, it shows status OK in the status bar, but when I press the controller it's not playing, nor rewarding, not fasting forward. Please can anyone help ? I bought this controller out of Amazon, and I cannot send it back anymore. A foot controller someone lent me, specific to Olympus dss player, works just fine with ExpressScribe.

Should I downgrade ExpressScribe Pro ? Please note that my controller is brand new, no dust stocked inside it. Thanks for any help.

Yes, having the same issue. Except I can rewind and fast-forward, but not use the middle pedal to play/pause. Did you get this issue resolved? Also, did you register your foot pedal? Wondering if that has anything to do with it? I recall reading on the ExpressScribe website that a software license is required with this Infinity foot pedal (and I think any others that aren't the Alto Edge foot pedal).

Is there an update on this, we have 5 of them in the office and they are experience dropout issues, and we have only had for a month.

We tried turning off the USB Power saving features and plugging it into a Powered USB hub just in case it wasn't getting enough power.

i AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUES. i AM LEAVING THE COUNTRY FOR A PROLONGED STAY IN SOUTH AMERICA AND I NEED TO GET THIS RESOLVED BEFORE THEN. 

Edited by Sue Ann
POOR TYPING SKILLS

Hi, thanks for testing this ! I'm using Mac OSX High Sierra 10.13.5 and my ExpressScribe is registered. I haven't been able to test it on Windows to check if it works, but I've tested it on earlier versions of Mac and it doesn't work either. Downgraded ES but it doesn't work better. Can I use my licence on Windows to test if it works or not ? Are the licence numbers the same on win/Macs ?

We have noticed it does tend to happen when the center pedal is used.  We configured the software so that the left and right is in used and that works fine, providing the center pedal is not pressed it should work fine.

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:03 PM, N_C_H_josh said:

We're investigating the problem, and I'll report back with our findings. I assume that you're using Windows 10.

We are using WIndows 10 (64-bit) Dell Laptops on standard user accounts

Same issue here.

I have bought a brand new Infinity IN-USB-2 pedal to use it with ExpressScribe v.5.73, running under Mac OS 10.13.6

Everything seems to work fine during a few minutes, then the foot pedal is intermittently dropping out.

Is there a fix for this ?

I bought a new Infinity IN-USB-2 foot pedal at the beginning of September this year.  Also purchased Express Scribe Pro Version 7.03 (Windows) two licences, one for my laptop and one for my desktop.  Both systems are having the same issue.  The first pedal I purchased worked for part of the day then started to drop out.  To get it started again, I have to unplug from my desktop, then plug back in, this works sometimes, but not every time.   I decided to try using my laptop, and I had the same issue.  I then had the foot pedal exchanged, and had no problem for about two weeks, then the issue started again.   I am running both systems on Windows 10.

Any chance there is a fix yet?

I am having the same problem. I purchased the Infinity IN-USB-2 foot Pedal with Express Scribe Pro from Amazon. It worked for a minute but then started malfunctioning. The first few times I got it to work by turning the blue tooth off on my laptop, unplugging all USB devices, restarting the software, and then plugging in the foot pedal. But, now, it doesn't work except for the very first time I plug in the foot pedal after restarting the software. It registers the first pedal push, only. After that, it doesn't accept any more input. I have to unplug it and plug it back in.

(Windows 10, Tried it on two machines: Microsoft Surface Pro and Dell XPS 15 Laptops)

Has any progress been made on the a fix?

I guess I will not be purchasing the 3 licenses/foot pedals I have been asked to purchase, based on the fact that there appears to be no resolution to this issue. I thought when the one I purchased for me stopped working it was just a fluke but apparently not! Pity!