Video playback speed.

Eddie52

Hello there!

I have purchased Debut, use it to record from a webcam as a cheaper CCTV. I also use [not bought] the Videopad software to edit the footage.

If I play back in windows media player, I have to hold down the mouse button for the length of the video just to get maybe twice the speed. Having around five hours worth of video, this is not realistic.

So, can anyone tell me if there is something, somewhere in either Videopad or another NCH software program, that has a utility that would allow me to scan five hours approx video in, say, 15 minutes please? Or thereabouts. Preferably by just pressing a button and watching the footage without using the mouse all the time. Thank you.

Thank you for reading this.

Best wishes from Devon, UK.

Eddie.

On 22/03/2018 at 5:40 PM, Eddie52 said:

a utility that would allow me to scan five hours approx video in, say, 15 minutes please?

I think that might be too fast, meaning that you could miss "events".

The free VLC media player allows you to play "faster", depending how many times you click the "faster" button.  I don't have much success with this on my long screen captures, but you could try it.

Thank you clemenzina for the quick reply!

I think I was pushing it a bit on the speed there. 

I've given that a spin, I did have it before but, that was a few years ago.

It's excellent, a minute a second held down and, I can see any movement no matter how small.

I don't believe I would have thought of that program so, thank you!

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Eddie.