Building preview loop

mosslack

Hello everyone, my first time posting here I think. I found I had already registered so I may have posted sometime before and forgotten. Anyway I tried the free version of VP for awhile and liked it enough that I went ahead and purchased a copy. Mostly my experience with it is positive, but I did experience some problems with the first copy I installed which was v6.01 I believe. I had quite a few problems with it and thought it might be a bad install so I uninstalled it and downloaded a fresh copy for another try. So far this copy has proven to be much better.

I do have one annoying problem that creeps up every now and then. Usually when I'm editing a longer video. Normally the building preview message pops up every now and then while previewing the video from the timeline which is normal I assume. The computer I am using an HP laptop with and i5 CPU, Intel GPU, and 4 Gb of RAM. Most of the video I shoot for my YouTube channel is 720P or 360P MP4. The problem usually happens after I've edited a few clips and getting close to the end of perhaps a 20 minute video. Instead of the building preview message popping up and then going away, it seems to go into a loop where the same few seconds of video shows over and over again in the preview window. The sound seems to continue normally while this is happening.  I've tried to save the project and completely restart VP, but even that does not help. The loop returns as I start to edit again. The preview goes along fine until it gets to that point and then the loop starts. I can go back to the earlier place on the timeline and that plays fine, but get to that later section and the loop returns. I did export a video while this was happening and the video seems to play just fine. More of an annoyance than a true problem, but just curious as to what it might be.

Thanks for any input.

Doug

Hi

Try loading your project and then clearing the cache of unused files, under Tools/Options/Disk.  The other thing that may help is to reduce the size (resolution) of the display under Tools/Options/Display. Try the smallest first...512 x 288 and see if that makes any difference. (Tools is in the menu on the green tab top left of the screen.) If you have a higher setting it may take a few seconds to effect the changes.

Nat